Future Pit Lane

Slot Car-Union.com

Hello,
This message is intended primarily for employees of Scalextric.

The C7041 product is soon discontinued at Scalextric, are you planning to release a new Pit Lane?

Also how will be managed access and out of pitlane with the new ARC powerbase Pro due out this year? Pitlane are still used in Scalextric?

Thank you in advance for more information
Denys Leger

• 2 weeks later...

I welcome this information as well...the new Btcc champion set shows a pit lane, with arc pro...no other info

How does the Arc pro powerbase know if and what car is in the pit lane?

Will there be a start and end of pit lane sensors so the cars go half speed down pit lane?

So many questions and no information.....throw some clues out to the scalextric users

I can easily understand the withdrawal of C7041, but that does not mean pit lane parts C7014 and C7015 are going as well.

Certainly another sensor section with indicators would be useful for interface with race software. 

I have been doing som thinknig on this and I think there are 2 ways to do this:

1. would be what we all suspect, i.e. a single lane pit lane that you enter, pit and leave, taking you completely off the circuit. The advantage of this is that it is a more realistic, it is a set up we are familiar with. The downside is you do need quite a bit of track and specialized track as well. It would require more engineering because oyu have to have sensors and flippers to go in and out of the pits.

2. could be that it looks more or less like the AIR power base. When a car pits it simply stops like on teh AIR. This does mean you have to have lane changing straights before and after the pits and since the computer knows that a car is pitting could force the flipper before the pits to move cars around the pitting car.

It would be interesting to see if you could somehow pit more than one car at time some how...

Workable ideas that are currently available as 3Rd party options (which should be incorporated into standard scalextric digital)

Pit boxes out in the racing lanes is an un-accepable solution (6 cars 2 lanes...won't work...so current ARC items shown are no good for advanced digital racing)

Using current pit lane C7015 and C7014 In double arrangements with a straight lane changer in middle give two boxes (however a massive lone pit lane)...problem how does the app know what car is pit?

I personally would just have(and currently use)the pit slip lane, getting tyres changed and fuel loads while in single pit (in 6 car races most of the time the cars leave in the order that they arrive, only exception is when we are using pit fueling speed as a handicap (longer pit stationery time for a good driver))

-Solution that I have is a smart opto sensor (smartsensor) on start and end of pit lane...this ID'S the cars and triggers RCS64 by usb...the software also auto brakes the car and limits pit speed (just like 1:1).  The pit menus are opened once car is over the in sensor, refuelling tyres only is done while throttle position is zero, lane change and brake buttons on controller are next and confirm in pit menu

Scalextric could  offer a modified c7016 pieces with sensors in them (not unlike the old pit lane game) these in turn link via blutooth or (old fashioned wire) with arc app/pb...with same level of detail, that would be the best solution (take a look at SSDC and RCS64 they have done the hard work already...)

Scalextric have the opertunity to integrate all of this really effective andseamlessly...most of all it would great if they communicated over their community/forum...

I would be much happier to use a scalextric solution of quality than a 3Rd party solution...but a good pit lane solution is essential to quality digital racing...and talking from experience with running digital events a stack more fun for introducing new people to the hobby.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Good idea until you realize that scaly pitlanes are actually a Y connector which acts as a single lane changer that is good for expanding racing lanes.

Have yet to figure out why there is so much emphasis on this site on having an actual pit stop instead of just racing.

Perhaps slots is really just a game now.

Archived