eLink

poliss

I'd like an eLink that would work with other software so as not to be restricted by Railmaster.

I might buy one then. Oh, I don't want to have to activate it online either. Activation by the eLink's serial number is what I want. No paying extra for adding extra devices either.

Why not? The other company does exactly that. They even tell you the programmes it works with.

Just my opinion......but there is a slight difference (barring the company whos name currently escapes me that has recently announced a RM type SW package within their range) the bulk of the other DCC controller companies do not have their own in-house software products. They want to sell their hardware, so they will actively promote their hardware kit as being compatible with as many third party controller software products in the market place as they can.

The one I'm thinking of does have it's own software. They tell you what other software will work with it, and it also has sockets to take many other brands of DCC controller.

Yes, you're right. They are interested in selling their hardware, and the way to do that is not to restrict the software used, nor to charge a fee for every wireless device you use.

Don't forget that Lenz let everyone use their DCC protocols. That includes Hornby. Without them doing that DCC would be dead and forgotten like Zero 1.

Archived