Where are all the TTS Locos?

james_nelmes

Looked on the website yesterday and saw that there are only 13 TTS locos advertised, many of which are pre-order and some (Class 20) are due next year. In terms of diesel, the grey class 47 and the class 67 are the only TTS available now.

I may have got this wrong but it seems like these TTS locos have sold well so I do not understand why they are in short supply and not being manufactured. Having just started to dabble in DCC I was looking forward to DCC sound and in particular the more affordable Railroad end.

Does anyone have any information or update on this?

It's a pity that the TTS component is not available as an upgrade for any DCC-ready loco. I've just started building up my layout starting from a Majestic train set and now with a TTS Duke of Gloucester. I love the sound of the DoG, and when you have one sound loco you really want them all to be sound. I would jump at the chance to upgrade the A1 and class 47 from my Majestic set. The cheapest option seems to be to throw them away and buy new railroad TTS equivalents - the TTS class 47 is only £69 from Hattons, whereas they charge over £100 to add sound (admittedly not TTS, and no doubt better quality) to a DCC-ready loco.

Regards, John

I have a class 40 dcc ready which I would love to be able to buy the TTS system and install it.

I also really take issue with the people who are profiteering by buying TTS locos, stripping out the TTS system and selling the loco and TTS system separately for a greatly inflated price. This is mean and deprivees genuine enthusiasts of the ability to buy locos at a reasonable price.

You don't have to buy them James. If somebody is daft enough to buy them let them. 

I'd be very happy to sell TTS decoders at inflated prices if some mug is willing to buy them.

As I dislike OO gauge sound locos it doesn't affect me but I'm sure they will all be back later. 

You don't have to buy them James. If somebody is daft enough to buy them let them. 

I'd be very happy to sell TTS decoders at inflated prices if some mug is willing to buy them.

As I dislike OO gauge sound locos it doesn't affect me but I'm sure they will all be back later. 

Hi WTD

Well, that is straight to the point. If I'd seen the comment from James earlier it would have been my similar post instead!!

I think from comments since Hornby's decision to cut back TTS locos they will see there are a lot of disappointed members.

I am sure from past posts there are a lot of people who wanted certain TTS locos and are now very disappointed they are not coming this year. I admit am one of them. After experiencing locos with sound I too want more of them and I know I am not on my own.

It is a shame the TTS sound were not sold as separately kits, surely that would please most people. The ones not wanting sound can buy the cheaper loco they want, the ones wanting sound can either but the loco and the TTS sound kit for it and either fit it or have it fitted for them.

I feel that Hornby appear to have made things 'to rigid' by trying to keep TTS in the locos only, maybe the current or a new mangement will have a rethink. The decision wouldn't be for 2016 locos as they have made the cuts but they do have time now to consider and plan for next year.

What are members views regarding TTS being sold fitted in locos or sold as a sound kit separately?  I know it has been aired in the past but based on the above, and the recent changes by Hornby to cut TTS locos this year maybe it is worth letting them know what we think.

Archived