Elink Activation Code

Good Evening

I bought the majestic set with elink, I have set it up on a previous layout and it all works fine, now trying to connect to ipad and can not find my activation code, can i get a copy of it from somewhere to link the ipad?

You must have installed Railmaster software on the device which you previously used successfully. To find its activation code, load up RM on that device then click on the large question mark button at the top of the screen. However, I think you may need to purchase another copy of the software to obtain a new activation code for the ipad.

Ray

Just a point of clarification. The iPad is treated as a mobile app in the same way as an Android smart phone. The app on the iPad needs it's own 'mobile' Hand Held device license. The app on the iPad doesn't replace the RM version running under Windows on the PC (Desktop / Laptop). The iPad just acts as a portable mobile walkabout controller linked via Wi-fi to the Windows PC running a full licensed copy of RailMaster.

Again, just to be perfectly clear. The iPad app is not a copy of Windows RailMaster. It is an enhancement feature of RailMaster. There is a completely separate PDF 'Hand Held User Guide' loaded on your RM PC as part of the RM installation. This Hand Held User Guide relates directly to the use of 'mobile apps'. Additionally, in RM go into the 'Help' screen for more information about obtaining the required upgrade license for the mobile Hand Held apps.

• 2 weeks later...

If your pc fails and you don't remember all the details you put in when you set it up, god help you! the activation code won't work unless you enter all the address details and e-mail address exactly as at install.

I have Elink and Railmaster and can't use any of it because my Laptop failed and I now I am having a lot of problems trying to get Hornby to reset my Code. I am not happy at all. It's not cheap and it's not being used by anyone else. I have contacted support and got nowhere as yet! will keep you updated!

You have to disable railmaster on your old pc first, which of course I was not able to do! Helpful. Microsoft office let you manage what pc you run your software on by going on line and managing your account. now that works fine and dandy. If only!

Peter, when you say Hornby Support, do you mean Hornby RailMaster Support commonly known as HRMS or do you mean Hornby Customer Care commonly known as HCC. HCC are the people for whom the telephone numbers and e-mail address are shown in the 'Contact us' links at the top of this website.

You need to communicate with HRMS not HCC to get your problem resolved. HRMS have consistently resolved the same issue for others here. To get things done, you just need to follow a known documented procedure as per below:

Ideally you should do this via the inbuilt RM 'support request' feature - see the 'Help' page within RM. Alternatively, send HRMS a mail via your normal e-mail application to support@rail-master.com but if you can send this via the built in RM mail service, that is better.

In the mail state your old PC failure issue, quoting your RM CD Activation Key code plus your personal details, name address etc. In essence they can delete your activation account, so that you can activate your copy of RM just as if it is a brand new purchase.

Trying to do this via HCC is far less efficient, it is much better to deal with HRMS direct. HRMS do NOT publish a telephone number and ONLY communicate with 'users' via e-mail.

Well, yes! I do mean railmaster support and I have done everything just so. I have had a reply from them but no action. even after going into great detail. I get asked for the same information on one e-mail that I have already sent and is even attached.

I have had to ring customer services from Spain to uk and spoke to a nice lady who asked me to ring back tommorow to speak to a rail master tech. That is what I will do. Less efficient! I can't see how that is possable.

But thanks for your advice and I hope I resolve my problem soon and can get on with my life without having to go on and on about this as I see it, Railmaster support just being bloody minded. (I know I am to, but I have spent a lot of money on Hornby products since I was 11 years old and feel rather let down).

So all the histrionics wasn't necessary in the first place.

A simple polite request for help would have saved the day And gotten the same result.

Good to hear that all is now well and everything is working.

Histrionics - isn't that the tale of electronics through the ages?  Starts with the light bulb and is not about to end anytime soon.

Glad you got it sorted Gazah, just the same as everyone else has who has experienced this problem, not uncommon.

• 2 weeks later...

"histrionics wasn't necessary" O yes it was, I was getting nowhere fast. Do you think I would have had all that trouble if a human had looked at it first, instead of just some dumb responce from a machine. The human response took it's time even after repeated cries for help.

"histrionics wasn't necessary" O yes it was, I was getting nowhere fast. Do you think I would have had all that trouble if a human had looked at it first, instead of just some dumb responce from a machine. The human response took it's time even after repeated cries for help.

I have found the same.

Communications with them is very frustrating. If you ever have an issue, be prepared to be patient and to repeat yourself many times. It will be sorted in the end.

That's why I have just purchased a spare from Hattons for £5 plus £2 p&p, as a backup. Suggest you all do the same.

btw. I think Railmaster itself is fantastic, and would hate to go back to the Elite.

btw. I think Railmaster itself is fantastic, and would hate to go back to the Elite.

RailMaster WITH the Elite is even better!

I have that capability, but I now find it superfluous. Controlling it with the knobs was fun at first, but became used less and less. It's here should I change my mind.

@WilliamDavid

OK, I understand and I think that is what is so good about our hobby, being able to do what suits us best individually.

I quite often just operate using the knobs, rather than turning the PC on.

@WilliamDavid

OK, I understand and I think that is what is so good about our hobby, being able to do what suits us best individually.

I quite often just operate using the knobs, rather than turning the PC on.

Agreed, it is so versatile.

Control by handheld on android devices

Propak is worth the small extra fee.

Ability to use the Select with the Elite as an extension controller.

Use with TeamViewer to control from another device as a handheld. 

I am spoilt for options.

• 1 year later...

I purchaced a new computer installed railmaster. 

New computer had a complete failure and had to be returned to pc world, a new one was given to me.

because of the failure I could not de-activate railmaster at all.

I now need to intall on the replacement computer. can you please assist.

@24131390

I copied and pasted some of the advice given further up this thread by Chrissaf. Just follow that.

Send HRMS a mail via your normal e-mail application to support@rail-master.com but if you can send this via the built in RM mail service, that is better.

In the mail state your old PC failure issue, quoting your RM CD Activation Key code plus your personal details, name address etc. In essence they can delete your activation account, so that you can activate your copy of RM just as if it is a brand new purchase.

Archived