Replacement engine wheels

BR63

I need to replace a broken wheel on my 1978 Britannia Class 7P6F loco (the large ones - 24mm dia).  Can anyone help me in finding out what Hornby code I need to order (assuming Hornby has them) or if you have any other suggestions of where I could get such a thing. Your help would be gratefully appreciated.

the only place I know that can supply the wheels you want i.e. when production was at margate is East Kent spares ring tues to fri 07854 094640 or ekmodels@hotmail.com.

Be quick they are closing down. the gentleman who answers the phone is very knowledgeable and helpful

There are insulated  plastic bush, non insulated (no plastic bush) and semi flanged wheels with a long crankpin.So besides the wheel you made need to get a new plastic bush if the wheel is insulated. The plastic bush holds the wheel on the splined axle or with  non-insulated they go on the axle spline straight off.

You will need to quarter the new wheel up. Very difficult to do by eye. I always use a quartering tool.

Bob Hughes

Thanks all for your help. Peter' Spares lists the insulating bushes (out of stock) but doesnt list the wheels (drive wheels for bushing).  Doesn't look hopeful!

ps: I broke it pushing too hard refitting it onto the axle! Don't know my own strength (or how weak the part is!)

BR63

Bob,

I managed to contact EKM on the email address you gave me.  Through their good offices I managed to get from them a couple of the required wheels.  I can confirm however that all their "stuff" has now gone north to Peters Spares.  Thanks for info whch proved invaluable and timeous. 😀

Archived