Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope you're not disappointed but the Afrika Korps, 88mm & 25pdr are all 1/76

It's kind of disappointing that they're not 1/72 like the rest of the models I've got. However, 1:76 is close enough, I think  😀.

It's kind of strange how they are 1:76, but many models are 1:72. You'd think they 'd scale them up...would make them easier to paint, as well.

My latest acquisitions are :

DH TIGER MOTH with RAAF decals

MDD F4 PHANTOM × 2 (have 3 to build)

BRISTOL BEAUFIGHTER

Would love to see the old Bentley Blower released again with a clean up of the moulds and maybe some photoetch  included. Some more of the car kits of the past if no new ones forthcoming.

Some more of the sailing ships like HMS Victory would be great as well.

I've got a stack of Airfix kits both old and new. I'm 58 years old me have been building Airfix kits since about age 7. Always been one of my favourites.

"Would love to see the old Bentley Blower released again"

So would I but I would like to also see updated motorrised kits like the 1/12 bently and the museum sets IE the Stevensons Rocket an the Padel Steamer Engine.

Hi Heather.

Oh dear.

/media/tinymce_upload/77c80a06028829e6daf8c66636fa908f.jpg

You know, I think I may have to set up a blog somewhere to document my miniature 1940 air warfare museum. Airfix boxes in my stash are now outnumbered by oddballs like this!

Last year you posted you'd aquired this old Ex Heller kit.

Whilest looking for something else I came across this.

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/heller-1-72-amiot-143-oob/  

A Very interesting read and thought of you with this old Amiot 143, and thought you'd be interested.

Remember we do this for fun                                   John the Pom

My latest which was a christmas present from my partner was the 1/24 scale Mosquito.

A very large kit and going to put a wider shelf up once its finished might change the colour scheme with some aftermarket decals and have already added seatbelts.I would of thought seatbelts would come with the kit as its not cheap but thats only a small complaint other than that a excellent kit going to keep me busy for a while

My latest which was a christmas present from my partner was the 1/24 scale Mosquito.

A very large kit and going to put a wider shelf up once its finished might change the colour scheme with some aftermarket decals and have already added seatbelts.I would of thought seatbelts would come with the kit as its not cheap but thats only a small complaint other than that a excellent kit going to keep me busy for a while

A set of aftermarket barrels for the Brownings are definitely worth buying too. Hispano barrels are less worthwhile because you need the front doors on the bomb bay open before they are really visible.

Having been laid up for over two years due to an automobile accident and haven’t modeled since I was a child, these Quickbuild kits have been a brilliant way to get back into the hobby. And while I am a car enthusiast, when it comes to model kits I’m more of a WW2 plane enthusiast. Looking forward to the American Mustang to go with the Spitfire and Messerschmitt. I plan to get back into the proper modeling as my motor skills mend. I love the Airfix line of airplane models. Keep up the great work!

Hi Have't-a-Clue.

Firstly welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your accident but glad to hear you'r on the road to recovery.

Nice to hear that the Airfix Quick Builds have been useful to your recovery and helping with your motor skills, maybe it's something occupational therapists could follow.

Any way looking forward to your continuing recovery and hearing about your adventures in the world of Airfix modelling.

Remember we do this for fun                               John the Pom