Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

I was gifted these on Christmas day however my initial post of these seems to have gone astray over the holiday period.

/media/tinymce_upload/86adbea6b25743f3a815d4e43c3dcbd8.jpg

The large scale Blenheim. It looks lovely.

/media/tinymce_upload/23d2989491479a1d4059c78ea2831dfd.jpg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As the images are not currently being moderated, I'll just tell you I was lucky enough to get the Airfix 1:48th Scale Bristol Blenheim Mk.1F for Xmas, plus the Bf109 E-3 and Curtis Tomahawk Mk.II starter kits. Finally I got a pack of Rust Weathering Pencils.  😀

My latest acquisitions are a Revell A-20 Havoc and an F-82 (double mustang) but i wont be building them. I wont be continuing with modelling as i get no encouragement. I have also run out of places to put the finished 'efforts'., i was waiting for a large glass display cabinet but the seller let me down after trying to diddle me, he got no money from me and i sent him away with his tail between his legs. He tried to sell me a larger cabinet but turned up with a smaller one than i already have and wanted more money. Anyway, i cant make any more models if i have nowhere to keep them so thats me done. It was a short but sweet hobby. There is no encouragement for modellers these days and very few shops that sell them near me. wont be around much longer.

@Ratch

Were those ten bottles of paint sold together as a set, inside of that plastic bag?

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

No, that's the way Vince packed them. I was looking at a 16 bottle Napoleonic set, but I had seven of them already, so bought the missing nine colours, plus one other.

One i bid on before i had to pack up (i just put a bid on it not really wondering if i would win on it); Airfix TBD Devastator. Its sitting in my pile of unmades waiting for the day that i ever get back to it (which depends on when i can get a decent cabinet for them - i'm looking but there is nothing available in my area).

A couple of new additions.

/media/tinymce_upload/858b9e5f68f08dbb15e09e4847dfffe5.jpg

Knowing my 1940 predeliction, this will be finished in typical Luftwaffe camouflage and markings covering the period during the fall of France.

/media/tinymce_upload/2a40cd39b8724fcaf0b46540baac79bd.jpg

In other news, I think I need my head seeing to.  😮

I havent built any vacuum formed kits before. It's touch and go whether this remains in the box and is simply passed on to another custodian in due course! 

Well Heather, FWIW I thnk a subject that you personally want and has only ever been kitted once (and that a vac form) is exactly the place to start. One of the only 2 vac forms I've ever built was of a Prestwick Twin Pioneer: that's out of period for you, but one of my uncles worked for Prestwick/Scottish/Jetstream Aviation.

A couple of new additions.

/media/tinymce_upload/858b9e5f68f08dbb15e09e4847dfffe5.jpg

Knowing my 1940 predeliction, this will be finished in typical Luftwaffe camouflage and markings covering the period during the fall of France.

/media/tinymce_upload/2a40cd39b8724fcaf0b46540baac79bd.jpg

In other news, I think I need my head seeing to.  😮

I havent built any vacuum formed kits before. It's touch and go whether this remains in the box and is simply passed on to another custodian in due course! 

The vac-form will be a very interesting build; i did one years ago of TSR2 and although it took a long time it looked cracking! The Devastator is my last kit. I put away all my die cast aircraft this evening because my modelling will not be going any further now. I have nowhere to put the complete kits and the sight of the die cast ones was annoying me; i could either just go blind or just put them all away in their boxes. I chose the latter. Thats me folks, i'm outta here! Byeeeeeeee

My latest acquisition. Thanks to Airfix Flying Hours!! 

/media/tinymce_upload/a3c118dfb8627a25fd9828008da4b55f.jpg

I have now used up all my stash of Flying Hours Tokens so I best get building lol.

My 2 previous acquisitions using the tokens in December which have already been posted were the Avro Lancaster B. I/III and the USAAF 8th Air Force Resupply Set. 

Build one kit, buy three - I'm never going to get ahead this way!

On the Airfix front I have got myself the new tool 1/72 Mikoyan-Gurevich Mig-17 Fresco that I want to build in tandem with an Eduard MiG-15 Profipack kit I purchased some time ago. Thought it would be an interesting comparison build. To help me finish them I also bought the Vallejo Model Air Soviet / Russian "Cold War" Silver Darts 1950-1980 (8) Acrylic Paint Set.

/media/tinymce_upload/84d0aca1e44e28f0b605fc757f5bf605.jpg

The other non-Airfix kits are a Hasegawa 1/72 F-111G Aardvark "R.A.A.F." and a Cyber Hobby 1/72 Curtiss A25A 5CS Shrike RAAF WW2 CYB-5115 - both new kit manufacturers for me.

/media/tinymce_upload/5aeb1f0e40a0f0ade83d300b563343f6.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/f1400fc7cf27bc34c6b8dbde285048a9.jpg

Now stop buying and start building! 

@ Aussie Jeff

Don't know if you noticed from my acquisitions but whilst waiting for the Airfix Mig 17 to be released I wanted a Mig 15 to go with it and do a joint build. However reviews were disappointing for the expensive Airfix Mig 15 but I was able to snap up the Eduard Profipack Mig 15 for a tenner! And a Vallejo paint set soon followed as well!!

@ Aussie Jeff

Don't know if you noticed from my acquisitions but whilst waiting for the Airfix Mig 17 to be released I wanted a Mig 15 to go with it and do a joint build. However reviews were disappointing for the expensive Airfix Mig 15 but I was able to snap up the Eduard Profipack Mig 15 for a tenner! And a Vallejo paint set soon followed as well!!

Snap!  I must have missed your post due to moving - took a while to settle down again.

A few more bits of armour, another Flower class and a paint rack are my latest acquisitions...

/media/tinymce_upload/27e92f8562de10cf9989cc0f8272b213.jpg 

/media/tinymce_upload/82ed6003aaa7cb07405df6c00b4f25e7.jpg

And what's up Buttercup (after a false dawn too)..

/media/tinymce_upload/acb9ab8ebc79d5281a6ae6d229ec761a.jpg

Even with a bulged disc between the C7 & C8 Vertebra has only slowed me down a bit...

/media/tinymce_upload/40c001f4366c118183529d8c988332c6.jpg

And time to ditch the various containers - my first paint rack to keep my Vallejo Paints organised from Empires at War..

/media/tinymce_upload/55eed46f4b95794a215073db14aa826b.jpg

TTFN