Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I understand. Well enjoy the tape and your building!  😉  😀

Out of interest, how long will those three packs of maskiing tape last? Untill the end of the year, before the end of this year (2020), or until next year (2021)?

GNR-Gordon-4 (AF)

Possibly it will last till the end of May.

My latest purchases which will last me far beyond May this year or even next!

Firstly we have the Doolittle Raid B-25 Mitchell which is the last of the 2019 releases that were on my priority list.

/media/tinymce_upload/2da1fb8d12150e725828822cb1e2ed91.jpg

Then I decided to hit the PE with a few purchases, mainly from Brengun. 

/media/tinymce_upload/7dc7792460b9a42c7871e9c61dee1a60.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/ae85f97856fa6af6a72d50f312a0aa71.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/cdc3d99bce1199671c942c7c9c5b1fd9.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/5f6f83a34ba7cd0c3b7435bbdb7118fe.jpg

I forgot to mention a couple of packs of CMK resin figures. 

And finally the Eduard Mig 21 Profipack to add to my recent Mig collection. 

/media/tinymce_upload/a0a1ff91784e3a74e272d0624f8acc46.jpg

I hope you approve and hopefully you will see some in a build thread or two soon.... ish? 

@james_mower

Sorry about the late reply.  😀

Those three packs of masking tape, will last you until the end of May 2020? You must use a lot of the stuff then!  😆  😉  😀

I was genuinely expecting you to reply back, telling me that you will sue those three packs of masking tape up, before the end of the year, at the end of the year or even next year. Little did I know!  😆  😉  😀

GNR-Gorodn-4 (AF)

@james_mower

Sorry about the late reply.  😀

Those three packs of masking tape, will last you until the end of May 2020? You must use a lot of the stuff then!  😆  😉  😀

I was genuinely expecting you to reply back, telling me that you will sue those three packs of masking tape up, before the end of the year, at the end of the year or even next year. Little did I know!  😆  😉  😀

GNR-Gorodn-4 (AF)

When you've got a fair number of coach roofs to respray (without removing them), it eats up masking tape very quickly.

@james_mower

I do apologise for the late reply, once again.  😀

That makes sense and saves a lot of time removing roof, when you can use making tape to cover the area of a model that you do not want painted.

@Ratch

Let me guess how much that pack of paint brushes costed. 5.00?!  😆  😉  😀

GNR-Gordon-4 (AF)

Hi  All

Been missing for the oast month due to internet problems and a few health issues, but now back  again.

Visited two LMS's and ended up with an ICM Bf 109e-4 Night fighter, first glacnce look good, very much on a par with the Airfis issue but sans crew. Also scored some, what I thought was 600 scale railings,second hand for R 175 ( that's about 9 pounds) but on closer inspection there were two frets at 1:350 scale. It includes some gun shields and some gratings or floater baskets? I've know idea what kit they're ment for but I can still use them on some of my #%) scale ships lurking in my stash. Quite a bargin I thought.

Pic of the 109 & the PE fret

/media/tinymce_upload/5ead31eceba78831381b82db3436b8e7.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/cb6057d2568756d7600cfeb1445edda5.jpg

Remember we do this for fun                                          John the Pom

I like that version as well. The box artwork mage is the same, but the Airfix logo is different and the H.M.S. Ajax 600 typeface wording is different.

Thank you for posting that original box artwork, John the Pom (John Symmons).  😉  😀

GNR-Gordon-4 (AF)

• 2 weeks later...