Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ Ratch

Yeah that's usually what I do! I like to try and support my LMS when I can but my nearest 1 is 15 miles in my away in my gas guzzler and their model selection is not vast as they concentrate on railway stuff, lovely but not my thing.

Hence the internet and a certain auction site comes in very handy

A Maxx pullout saw blade 5 inch long with 24 teeth / inch. 

It fits snuggly into one of the handles in my good old Humbrol Muticraft Tool set.  It will come in useful for separating parts from the sprues.  The connections seem to be somewhat thicker on the new kits.  I'm not sure why this is so but I suspect these are required in order to obtain better flow within the moulds.

To channel 'Dad's Army'...

It's a Heinkel...

🤐

{channels "The Battle of Britain"}

Messersmitt!

Actually it is a Heinkel He111 H-6

Along with the Big Eduard Etches & Masking set for the H-6

And Deluxe Materials Glue N Glaze...

.. and there maybe more purchases to come  😎

Oops...

Hawker Sea Fury FB. 11  😎

I would endevour to support my LMS but his opening times and location arn't good for me more so if out with the mrs as she's in a wheelchair so not practical ...also his range and pricing are a tad OTT

Latest bits n bobs   tamiya photo etch fine craft saws ...tamiya tapes of varous sizes pin vice (lost my origonal)

Italeri Fw190A-8 

Hobby Boss F14B & 

Airfix Hawker Sea Fury FB11 x 2

Purchases from the last few weeks have been piling up but I've finally gotten around to sorting them. The new arrivals are a real mixed bag...

Airfix 1/72 Hawk 81-A-2

Hasegawa 1/72 F-104G 'World Star Fighter'

Hasegawa 1/72 AH-64A AV-06 Prototype & Early production

Tamiya 1/48 Kurogane Type 95 4x4 Light Vehicle 

I went to my local model shop a few days ago and bought the new 1/48  Hawker Sea Fury.  I think it's a great model and a gorgeous aircraft.  I've ordered to my local model shop too an Airfix 1/48 Hawker Hurricane mk 1 Tropical and a AFV Club 1/35  M 35 A2 Cargo Truck.

I walked past multiple Lightnings,

Ignored the 13x Sea Furys

Blanked the 4x Mitchells 

Snubbed 6x Dakotas

And gave a cold shoulder to numerous other Aviation, AFV, Seaborne and Sci-fi subjects.

Finally decided upon a simple 1/72 A01006 Airfix Gnat - its not even the new 'film star' box, tho I was tempted! 

...sadly we can't always gave a 'big spend' weekend. 

More Bits ......

/media/tinymce_upload/8b6de27d38c6d415e727cf9e6b76553f.JPG

Messerschmitt Bf110 C-2/C-4 (70th Anniversary of The Battle of britain Edition)

/media/tinymce_upload/a85fa55bad847696dffec16394e36336.JPG

Zvezda German Air Force Ground Crew figures.

/media/tinymce_upload/e75769cb363584454662198537093d04.JPG

Airbrush quick release attachment.

/media/tinymce_upload/7dfd7a2b8a6098fa80f321a8dc6359a7.JPG

Clear Perspex rod 300 x 5mm for a aircraft stand.

/media/tinymce_upload/a4a81b4803c922fb34aba1ac63e14bd9.JPG

Pavla Resin Set for Spitfire PR Conversion

/media/tinymce_upload/be5bb2bab327e3f9a794d271cdbb488c.jpg

A model shop opened in Rochester, Kent, a couple of years ago. Today was the first chance I've had to visit it, although I have heard good things about it.

I came away with this box for my 1940 Air War collection. The shop is a proper old school one, with all kinds of models in all kinds of scales and interests, paints, adhesives, modelling materials of all kinds. The shelves with the plastic kit boxes are properly random, with new boxes next to second-hand boxes and some real oddities. I nearly bought a Revell FW Condor, but it was for a later variant than I would prefer. 

Anyway, the Deowitine is a five-minute build with about twelve parts in it. The time will be taken up painting the beggar!

Hi Heather

See you're continuing with your new found interest, the French Air Force. this could be the old Heller mould in a new box. Hobby-Boss also did the D-520 also with very few parts  and with the wing and lower fuselarge moulded as one peice. Good luck withb the painting, I take it you're not going to try the one with the red and yellow nose, pity you can't show it on this forum unless you can sneak it in with some Huricans or Blemhiems seving in France in 1940.

Remember we do this for fun                       John the Pom