Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

A few of my Beatties Sable brushes are showing their age, so it was time for some new ones. Javis Pure Sable sizes 0, 00 & 000. Plus Some 0.9mm Styrene rod for the Shackleton AEW.2's Etched Flap kit.

/media/tinymce_upload/96d1ed808044becba62827c772968cfe.jpg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi James

@john Symmons

Something a little odd for me a 1/32 Wolesley Viper engine kit by Roden, and the Italeri Dornier Do 24T sea plane with upgraded moulds and decals. Was very tempted by the 1/96 Revell Cutty Sark but just managed to resist.

Remember wedo this for fun                                  Jihn the Pom

Only tempted by the Cutty Sark - I think the sun's got you John  😆

That being said, I couldn't resist another Airfix Lancaster - I have a B.II enroute  😎

You must be joking it's been raining here for the past week and very cold ( 7 to 15 degrees C ). Mabe if the sun does come out again that ressistenece could vanish.

Picked up an Airfix Tiger tank (Why I don't know, it just caught my fancy.) and a 1/72 SPAD XIII by Revell.

Remember we do this for fun                              John the Pom

Well, there’s a Vickers Wellington box with my name on it at the warehouse, apparently.  😆

I don't think H for Heather is one of Decal Schemes, but R for Robert is and she's coming home to not to far from where her Tail and rudder was restored  😎

Just arrived this week, Italeri Ju52 Transport. 

/media/tinymce_upload/e8a8fa19807a012556918b0055b1eef2.jpg

For a future project, to be completed as the early release of the Junkers Ju52 Ambulance during the 1939 Polish campaign.

/media/tinymce_upload/be0f94d88eb1887327588347efb45598.jpg

Also the Zvezda German Medical Team, Ambulance Decals and Mask Set for the Ju52. I already have a good Opel Blitz Ambulance in my stash so I might put it all together as a diorama .... ??  

I don't think H for Heather is one of Decal Schemes, but R for Robert is and she's coming home to not to far from where her Tail and rudder was restored  😎

Sadly, I think my copy will just be going straight in the stash for the time being. I’m also likely not to use the kit decal options, if they don’t suit my 1940 theme.

I'm now sitting eagerly by the window, waiting for a delivery, like an over eager puppy!

Well, there’s a Vickers Wellington box with my name on it at the warehouse, apparently.  😆

Same here, once I'd sorted out a minor card issue! Been waiting all month for it too, together with the Victor K.2!!

Hi T2B

I've just completed 3 of the Zvezda kits and even though they're game pieces they're really quite remarkable, and being push fit assembly, the fit really is very good. The plastic is a harder version of the soft type used by the likes of Airfix and just a awkward to paint, but the detail has to be seen to be believed. I was really very well surprised by these little kits, and feel it's something that Airfix could look to emulate.

Good  luck with your diorama, it's a pity you'll not be allowed to show it on this forum.

Remember we do this for fun                        John the Pom

Thanks John and Yes the little Zvezda figure sets are very very good and you can get quite a varied selection especially in WW2 German and Soviet themes. I have a few in my stash and have completed the German Winter Set and dispite being fiddly to paint look awesome when finished! And yes I agree Airfix need to update their figure range!

Maybe if I include something Airfix I'll be able to post it finished on the diorama thread, without doing a full build post?

41294050070_3c5d16eba6_z.jpg

A00729 Airfix 1/76 WW1 US Infantry

A Call To Arms Set 66 Netherlands Infantry 1815

Emhar Set 7214 British Infantry (Stovepipe shakos – centre)

Waterloo 1815 Set 062 French Line Voltigeurs at Waterloo

Italeri Set 6008 French Hussars

Zvezda Set 8037 French Cuirassiers 1807-1815

Tamiya P-51D Mustang

Yep, mine arrived yesterday afternoon, I had a good look at it late last night (after getting in from work)

It looks as though it will be an amazing build (no short mouldings by the looks of it).

/media/tinymce_upload/46d5e5845b40e6577da49d09e42830a3.jpg

A quick study of the instructions last night when I opened mine shows an awesome amount of interior detail, so I will have to try research what most fittings etc are so I can paint and detail them correctly.

Though on this occasion Airfix have highlighted several interior parts that aren't essential and may not be seen on the completed model, giving the modeller the option to omit these parts if so desired!!

A quick study of the instructions last night when I opened mine shows an awesome amount of interior detail, so I will have to try research what most fittings etc are so I can paint and detail them correctly.

Though on this occasion Airfix have highlighted several interior parts that aren't essential and may not be seen on the completed model, giving the modeller the option to omit these parts if so desired!!

I like the fact that some parts won't need glueing on - the undercarriage and outer bomb bay doors, as they are part of the moldings. Full credit to the design team on nailing the geodesic structure in the moldings too.

I wonder if anyone will attempt to do a fabric off version?