DPR car but no where to put digital chip

Jonny j

The box does look genuine. Unfortunatly i cant seem to upload a picture of the box. I will try and fit a retro chip as Alan from a previous message informed me that it can be done as im going digital anyway.

How about a Brabham cooper climax C3658A, could this be retro chipped too. I thought all new scalextric cars were digital nowadays?

Thank you for your help 

The advanced power base and the upcoming arc pro both run digital and analog.

Suggest you save the tiny fragile toys like the cooper climax for analog unless you preferr to do advanced surgery on car and chip.

The full size modern f1, indys and whatever those open wheel country cars were called can be converted via chip or dpr as can most larger toys.

Personally preferr the indy for best open wheel playability.

DPR is clearly marked on this site and at most places and on the box if looking on line.

Check at slotforum for scaly conversion history.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very odd.

My guess is that there was a production error as the DPR sysmbol is the last one in line and it was printed by accident...

Accident?

More like misrepresentation.....

just seen this and wished I’d seen it earlier!  I too bought a D Type encouraged that the box said DPR......but as pointed out it’s not unless DPR in this case means surgery to install C7005 chip!

you’re not alone.....

A C7005 doesn't support lights, does it?

The box states DPR > thus the car not being DPR is misrepresentation - that's a breach of law.

Only if the error was not brought to your attention at the time of purchase. If not then the solution would be take it back for a refund.  If the car came in a version that was DPR then of course you would ask for it to be exchanged. If you use the car and only later realise it is not DPR the situation gets trickier.

So did you take it back and ask for a refund? I think that you would be required to at least ask that before you sue!

I have used C7005 on a number of cars with lights and lights still work. In fact I have not come across any so far where the lights do not work when I put a chip in.

Of course with something where like real car is invloved, volkswagon for instance. Having naughty software telling porkies the buyers didn't know and so the damage is going to be based on the loss of value or similar.action.

Archived