R8103 class 47 tts decoder

Traincliff

Hi eberybody and Seasonal Greetings to you all. 

Soon after it was announced last year I preordered an R 8103 tts class 47 decoder anticipating delivery about August. After several similar emails I have today received yet another email with an anticipated delivery date from a well known  Merseyside mail order company now giving me a window of January to March 2018. Are they fobbing me off or are Hornby fobbing them off? Other tts decoders have been delivered so why not this one? Surely it is only a case of programming the sound software. This could be done here in UK if Hornby had the basic decoder. Am I taking too simplistic a view perhaps?

I had hoped that we were seeing an improvement in Hornbys supply line but does not appear to be so.

I am a great supporter of Hornby and this is only a small order but they still need to get their act together to return to world class status in the model industry.

Not meant to be a rant but more a cry of frustration.

I should imagine that retro kit TTS decoders are produced and packaged on contract in China just like all the other Hornby products and that there is no way to shortcut that system.

They are in a container on a boat somewhere over the water and when they arrive here for distribution is in the hands of the vessel master who decides upon the route and where to make port next as any merchant navy man will confirm.

Rob

Maybe Hornby have lost a container load at sea........... 🤔.........HB.

Based on the most recent survey results, WSC estimates that for the combined nine year period from 2008 to 2016, on average, there were 568 containers lost at sea each year, not counting catastrophic events, and  1,582 containers lost at sea each year including catastrophic events

/media/tinymce_upload/6c8f1e2acd14ca324dfa8c4ba61c4dc8.jpg

Or perhaps they can't obtain a decent sound-file to load onto the decoder, in the first place?

Plenty of 47s around to record from. MNR runs them. TTS horns sound like the real thing and it has the new enhanced cold start I believe.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Just had some good news by email that at long last my TTS Class 47 chip has been shipped from Merseyside so evidently they have arrived. I have preordered the 9f Crosti, Princess Coronation and Class 20 from this year's recent announcements in anticipation that the 47 will be successful. I already have a factory fitted class 40 and that is good. I hope they don't all arrive at same time to put me in the doghouse.

Archived