Track Plans

slowshunter

Hi, I'm trying to build a lay-out for my grandson. I've acquired several engines and coaches and also extra track. On a website a lay out which looked pretty good to me and a perfect size (6x4). But I can't find it now because I forget which website I found it. I need help in identifying the individual track pieces. I've used the Anyrail track planning software which I've found to be pretty good. But the plan does not identify the individual track pieces to make up the plan. The track plan I am using is titled Hornby_Track_Plan_2E_6x4.png - IrfanView

Can anybody help me by showing the plan and indicating the Hornby track pieces I need.

Does anybody have any track plans which would fit a 6'x4' board? It's my intention to add buildings once I have the right lay-out.

Cheers,

Phil

Hi

Can you give a brief discription of the layout you are thinking about as I have a disk with 6 of the Hornbytrack plans as pdfs as well as hard copies so will be able to assist.

the Disk has a number of 6x4 layouts from a single circuit to 3 circuits plus goods and engine shed sidings

Tony

Although the link to RDS' previous post gives a list of probable track parts. I would still follow the link provided by Howbiman. The Hornby 2E track plan is downloadable from there (Downloads Tab), in Anyrail format - or just follow the link below for the "HornbyPlans.Zip" file. Once the "Plan 2E" is unzipped from the downloaded file, and loaded into Anyrail (that you say you have already got a copy of), it should give you an inventory of all the parts required and show where they go. You will need a forum Anyrail user (there are some on here) to advise how to access this parts information in Anyrail, if you get stuck.

http://www.freetrackplans.com/Download.php

Tony 57 Hi, The layout I'm trying to create is 2 ovals, 1 inside the other with sidings of the inner oval to form a station of 3 platforms and if it fits another siding of either the top or bottom straight of the outer loop. I'm thinking of 3rd Radius double curves for the outer loop and 2nd Radius double curves for the inner loop. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cheers,

Phil

Howbiman, Train Driver John and Chrissaf thank you for your help. I'll have a look at the items you've steered me to. Hopefully you guys and Tony 57 will bring an end to my headaches! I'm doing this for my grandson so I can hand the entire layout to him when he's old enough. As he's just 2 I reckon I have a few years of fun first!

Cheers,

Phil

Hi Slowshunter.

Found another disk with 10 of the 11 track plan books Hornby have issued.

Had a good look at them all, there are three which fitted your discription they are in Edition 2, plans 4 and 5 and in Edition 3,  plan 4.

I suggest you use links supplied by the others and have a look at the plans

Big thank you to everybody here especially you chaps who have helped me specifically with this issue, Tony57, Howbiman, TraindriverJohn, Chrissaf and Fishmanoz. I had a lay-out up over Hogmanay with The Flying Scotsman, Virgin Pendolino, an old Class 26 like one of the engines my late dad used to drive up in Inverness and Thomas the Tank Engine with Aniie and Clarabelle. My grandson loved it. Up to now he's had Trackmaster stuff with battery operated Thomas so to see the "real thing" was wonderful.

Archived