Latest Arc Pro App

Philsie

Following the Arc Pro App update and getting a message that existing up was no longer being supported and to download the new app which I have done, just tried the new and whilst all looks normal on the iPad and it seems to connect ok it will not calibrate the cars and therefore cant really do anything is there a bug or bugs on the new app ?

Hi yes I did all that and still nothing, the old app still works with my set up all cars work fine.

I have deleted and reloaded the new app tried setting up new races etc.

I will keep trying

I have the same issue , old app. Worked, new app won’t tried on 2 different tablets android

Hi Dave

Thanks for the confirmation that's it's not just me, I have the old and new app on my Apple Ipad which has the latest software update, I have also tried it on my iPhone and I get the same issues, looks like there is definitely a problem with the new App the old app works perfectly on both devices with all cars and controllers, hopefully either scalextric will do a further update or someone might come up with a solution to try which I haven't tried already 

philsie

I have the same issue , old app. Worked, new app won’t tried on 2 different tablets android

Hi Dave, The new app works fine on my Android tablet, HUDL2.

Could you give more details of which powerbase and which Android device you have and what is not working - is it just not connecting to the powerbase?

Note that there was a small update yesterday so try updating the new app (not the legacy one) - mine shows v2.0 (15)

Hi all

I re read all the above and to make sure I hadn't done anything wrong or made incorrect assumptions.

My original set up ( have a permanent layout) with the old App works fine all cars are paired to their respective controllers 

What I had to do was ignore the old app completely luckily I hadn't added all my garage (extensive) on the old app as it seems I have to that again on the new app.

I started from scratch re installed the new app on my IPad,  re did everything re associated (paired) the cars with controllers and tried again and all now seems fine. 

The error I made was assume that any associations and pairing used on the old app would automatically transfer to the new app, clearly operator error not issues with the new app

We are due a race meet with the new app in a few days so will be able to give the new app a proper road test.

Thanks for all your comments and help 

philsie 

I have android on a samsung s8 and i didnt recieve nor can i find any update? Still shows app as 1.5.0 ?

Any ideas... I just sent in my registration about 2 days ago could that be it?

Thanks Joeypm

ok just found another app on google play store its gold and blue instead of white and blue. Is that the new one?

thanks again

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone !

I had issue with Scalextric Arc Air. It was not detected by the new app. Guess how I fixed this ? Give the application access to localization.

Dear scalextric team, why do you need to know where I live to make detection work ?

Do you know about GDPR ?? What are you doing with the localization????

sounds like basic marketing on what areas are supporting arc , lost in the era of heavy net purchases

happy with arc app and do not care if they know where it went

might lead to local product selection returning here

which would produce more interest and racers

Do you mean  localization or location services?

I have location services off most of the time to save battery and never had a problem.

Location services should not be necessary, localization is need to determine what language the app is displayed in.

If you change the languagae of the phone th app changes.

This is not an uncommon feature and it is not sent to anyone so it completely GDPR compliant.

If you mean location services trying turnign it on and off and see if this makes a difference.

• 3 months later...

1. Please detail (being as specific as you can) the problem you're experiencing.

Congrats to the new version. I discovered a couple of German translation issues. I discovered some interesting English-French-German crossover translations. Eg. Grand Prix mode - first option is "CHOIX PISTE" (this is French; in German it would be "Set wählen") or "CHANGER PILOTES" ("Fahrer auswählen").

Tournament mode - still called "Driversperheat" (--> "Fahrer pro Lauf") also in the submenu. or "Racegoal" (--> "Rennziel" 

Recommendation concerning the naming of "Übung" and "Turnier". Both are in general correct but in relation to racing "Übung" could still stay "Training" and "Turnier" could either be "Cup" or "Meisterschaft". 

2. What set/equipment are you using with the app (C numbers if possible)?

C1342 plus some extra track and cars

3. What ARC system are you running (ONE/AIR/PRO)?

ONE

4. What smart device are you using (again please be specific on exact versions)? What operating system?

iPAD Air2 / iOS 12.1.1

5. What firmware/hardware and app version are you running (in the Settings in the app)?

New app version 2.3 

Archived