Sport track query

Robo123

Sport is the current Scalextric track system and was released in 2001, replacing the 'classic' track that dated back to 1962. Sport is what is found in all Scalextric sets, whether analogue or digital. The digital sets also have some special digital track pieces - digital powerbase, lane changers (straight and curved) and pit lanes (exit, entry & single lane track), but the basic straights, curves etc are all the same Sport track.

Sport can be linked to classic track via an adapter (C8222). If you look at that track piece, you see the different connectors at each end. Other differences include a deeper slot and smoother surface on Sport track.

Hope that helps.

I sometimes tell people Sport is analog and digital... the only thing that makes a layout digital is the presence of "digital only" pieces as woodcote has explained.

For a very short period, I think 2004 to 2008 there was also Scalextric "Start" track that is made of a hard plastic but the same lane width as Sport track. There was only 1 curve radius and I think 2 straight lengths.

It has been discontinued for some time but it does pop up. There are converter pieces to connect to Sport but they are expensive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

With a new set, when cost out, the included sport track is basicly free, but after that you pay for more.

Set costs can be figured by retail cost of cars , powerbase, controllers, powerpack and any special track like digital changers inclluded in the set.

The old flashlight is free but you pay for the batteries theory.