Motor upgrades etc

Hairos

Have any of you guys on here ever upgraded motors or any other stuff to make cars faster?

I now have the arc pro on my permanent track so would changing the motor effect that in anyway?

I know about changing tyres improve performance but haven't done that yet.

Any info on the matter would be appreciated.

cheers

Dan

if you are talking digital side of arc pro for upgrade motor, you will probably need to upgrade your chip with slotit

analog side should not be a problem

changing motors will increase speed

changing tires will improve handling

fast toys that do not handle well will loose to slower cars that do handle better

For most home track better tires makes more of a difference and improvement than a new motor.

You can also change the gearing (spur/crown and motor pinion) and that will make a big difference too.

Where are you located?

Maybe people can suggest aftermarket suppliers...

Just to add, the new rev H version of the Scalextric C8515 DPR chip has significantly upgraded output drive transisors (and rectifier circuits) compared with all earlier Scalextric DPR chips... I would expect the rev H chip to at least match, if not outperform, the SSD slot.it chips.  So from a performance/cost perspective I would recommend sticking with Scalextric DPR chips when upgrading... but please make sure you use the new more powerful rev H chips...

C

Just curious really. Seem to be a lot of difference in my car performance so I'm just asking what I can do to make them better.

Tyre s seems to be the best bet,Pendleton slots seem to sell a few.

Im using the chips from the arc pro set at the moment,not sure what type they are.

Dan

Archived