TTS Sound for Gordon, Henry and Edward

Mar Mallard

Greetings!  I bought my 2 year old (and myself!) Thomas, James and Percy last year (newer versions and dcc fitted/retro-fitted), and he is obsessed, so I splashed out on Gordon, Henry and Edward before they run out of stock and become even more ridiculously expensive on ebay. (Aside comment... I was shocked at the poor moulding quality, especially on the join running on top of the boiler on Edward!  Unbelieveable for the price!)

James was fitted with TTS King Class by the excellent Roxley Models using a sugar cube speaker.  He works wonderfully although I realise that James is not even close to a King Class.  Yes, I see that it is not so important as these engines are made up but I want to get the most accurate sound available.  Why not?

Firstly, is there a mixed traffic TTS decoder available or something close?  I know Hornby did a Fowler 2P Class with TTS but I have not seen that sold outside the model.

Gordon will obviously be an A1/A3 TTS due for release in January.  Or would an A1 Tornado be very similar?  That is already available.

Henry is impossible but I was thinking of a Princess Coronation as he was initially modelled on a souped up version the Rev. owned.  Close enough? 

Or if there is a mixed traffic TTS maybe I will just stick the King Class in him?  If I decide to go it alone and fit them myself I will be sure to do some YouTube videos as ther are none I can find.

Comments and opinions welcome!

He means "retrospectively" Jacob.

In other words, the model was purchased as a non DCC model and was then retrospectively fitted with a DCC decoder at a later date.

Archived