The Hornby designer obsessed with progressive rock

Rule 1 Applies

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star?! That's a baby's song! I don't listen to that rubbish!  😆 😉 😀

Two of my favourite songs is 'I Want to Be An Eddie Stobart Driver' and 'Don't Tell I, Tell 'Ee', both of which are by The Wurzels. To be honest with you, that's all I listen to is The Wurzels.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

I have 4,018 music tracks in my Glove box.

How....because that is where my USB socket is located that is linked to my car sound system. It has a 32GB USB memory stick with 4,018 MP3 songs on it consuming about 16GB.

Some years ago I transferred my Vinyl Album collection into MP3 one track at a time. That project took me about 18 months to complete and involved about 200 out of 300 or so Albums that I had at that time. My only regret is not also transferring the 100 Albums of the 300 that I sold to a collector that I didn't transfer. Although I sold off my Vinyl collection, I did keep my CD collection (currently about 200 CDs or so) and that still gets added to even today with newly purchased music, but not as prolifically as I once did. The CDs get ripped to MP3 and added to my car USB memory stick. I rarely buy downloaded music. I prefer to have the physical CD media, even if I play them as MP3. The only time I buy downloads is to obtain a back catalogue item that just isn't available today, or is but but at an exorbitant collectors price. Since my MP3 collection is virtually irreplaceable to me if lost, I keep three lots of backups on different storage devices in different locations.

And before someone else says it......I am fully aware that MP3 is a lower quality recording than an original CD. But these days I don't have High Definition ears. I do my transfers at the maximum 320Kbs rate to compensate as much as one can.

I consider my music collection to be small. The family of a friend of mine had to dispose of more than 10,000 Vinyl records (mostly singles) when he died two years ago.

Jacob,

How long did take you to go through all of your CD's Brian and count how many songs you listen to?

Probably about 20 seconds. The time it takes to turn on his 'Brennan B2' and press a couple of buttons.

WTD has already said he has loaded his CD collection onto a Brennan B2. This box will tell you how many songs are loaded on it. In the same way that I can be precise in saying that I have got 4,018 songs in my MP3 collection.

Google "Brennan B2" if you have "never heard of it" which is usually your stock answer to everything..... 😉