Alan Pegler LNER, A3 Class, 4-6-2, ‘Flying Scotsman’ - Era 6, with Light???

JJ73

I suppose it could be programmed in, with DCC?

Failing that some form of 'trigger' device on the loco / crossing.

I always disliked the 'oversized' US fittings on 'elegant' British locomotives visiting there, but it was a requirement, and it's sort-of quaint, certainly different and is also part of the locomotive's history.

Al.

Looks like it also has the cowcatcher and second tender. Definately one for the "collector" as it would probably be out of place on a British based line. Also (assuming it is 00) to big for an american layout which would be HO. Mind you that hasn't stopped me from running an HO USTC 060T on my layout!

Sorry the R number is Item Code: R3738 - I thought it was obvevious b/c it is advertised on the front/home page of this site!!! Aparntly it is Expected: June 2019 but by going what happen about the Bluebell Railway SECR, H Class, 0-4-4T, No.263 - it will be next year!!!  😆 😉 🤔

@ P.P. Yeah i've done 1 of them "wasted an afternoon in a classroom" thingys & they were like you you want points on your  lience or you can do a speed awareness course & I was like "speed awareness course please!!!" so I didn't get any points!!!

@ W.T.D.  -  😆 yeah I guess your right there - don't speed or don't get caught!!! I think that you only get offered the course once I think!!!

Also I'm with you there / the same as you only interested in the forum, & do look at the rest of the site mostly the shop, club area, wallpaper & Customer images!!!

This would be an interesting job for someone to make up the full Flying Scotsman US train. you would need five Hornby BR Gresley Full Brakes (R4531 - very rare) and a Hornby Devon Belle Observation Car - could look good if you rubbed the gold plating off. The coaches would need painting in brown and umber (cream).