Wrexham and shropshire DVT, help required please

Tomwilliams123

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

Just an update on this, I've got some photos of the wiring terminals if it helps anyone. I can take more if required, I've had a look at all the possible places where there could be be failure and there are none./media/tinymce_upload/86e221c35b02b4e2fc54a3e33f802be6.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/0242855dfe52a939c7461c5995032d09.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/d53dd650987267e9e3170b2ec952d2d0.jpg

A very obvious failure point is those springs that should make contact with the small copper coloured contact plates.  These are a well known cause of problems.

You can try adjusting the springs to make a better connection or fit some short pieces of flexible wire between the springs and plates to make a permanent connection.

Those little black plastic clips that attach wires to the PCB are also known to be troublesome.  Check each one is holding its wire firmly in contact with the PCB.  Some people remove the plastic clips and solder the wires on.

A very obvious failure point is those springs that should make contact with the small copper coloured contact plates.  These are a well known cause of problems.

You can try adjusting the springs to make a better connection or fit some short pieces of flexible wire between the springs and plates to make a permanent connection.

Those little black plastic clips that attach wires to the PCB are also known to be troublesome.  Check each one is holding its wire firmly in contact with the PCB.  Some people remove the plastic clips and solder the wires on.

I have had a look at the where the springs are soldered onto the circuit board. The solder joints don't seem to be broken, I have tried putting the circuit board onto the contacts on the frame it does work, however, the LED is flickerey so I'm really not sure what's wrong and am at a loss at this point.

Bend that middle springy thing in the body until it rubs on the flat plate on the chassis, and any others that don’t line up nicely.

I got fed up with the ones on my Class 56, snipped the springy things off and soldered in a coiled wire between each part long enough to allow the body to be removed for access.

Bend that middle springy thing in the body until it rubs on the flat plate on the chassis, and any others that don’t line up nicely.

I got fed up with the ones on my Class 56, snipped the springy things off and soldered in a coiled wire between each part long enough to allow the body to be removed for access.

I have tried that, however it was to no avail, which is annoying as all i was doing was cleaning the insides.  🤔

Archived