Class 37 TTS Chip

Stowmarket66

Hi Folks,

I purchased a brand new 37 TTS sound chip a few weeks ago and everything was fine. Fitted to my Bachmann 37 and it worked "straight out of the box" so to speak.

I went to play trains (!) the other evening and although the sound worked fine, the loco jumped along the track as if it was being given pulses of power about every half second.

Any suggestions please as I'm fairly new to DCC and especially DCC sound.

My layout is a straight piece of track, no points, nothing I can think of that I've done wrong.

Thanks

Hi Stowmarket66, welcome to the Forum..........if you have a controller capable of changing CVs such as the Elite or Railmaster you should try writing a value of 1 to CV150...........this has proven to cure most slow running problems..........HB

Clean the track, wheels, and pick-ups. - - and not with a piece of sandpaper or a metalworker's file!

How have you got the controller (which one is it?) connected to the track - using those silly flimsy track clips, or a proper soldered connection? Those clips are ok for dc operation, but the connection can be a bit slack for DCC use, giving rise to all kinds of anomalies.

Also check it IS a DC connector, if you must use one, not an analogue one. The conversion is easy - just cut out the little capactor under the cover!

Eric also meant that if it is a DC connector, it is easily converted by flipping open the cover and removing the capacitor inside.

Eirc also forgot to add the best track cleaner is IPA and a soft cloth.  A track rubber can be used infrequently on stubborn dirt.

But the more likely solution will be HB’s change to CV150, documented many times here to cure jerky slow running.

I recently had a problem with a new Bachmann Steam Loco where it just lurched forward after attempting a slow start or when stopping.  .

I was using a Decoder that had worked prefectly in another Bachmann Class 47.  I received some excellent advice from Bachmann Technical that it was likely caused by the back EMF setting.  They recommended that I changed CV54 to a value of 5 and CV55 to a value of 60.  This cured it perfectly.  Your problem may be completely different of course but it is likely that a change is required to one of the CV's.

Bachmann locos and decoders needing those BEMF CVs adjusted has been noted here before. I seem to remember there is something on the Bachman site documenting it too.

Certainly not applicable to TTS as it doesn’t support those CVs.

Bachmann locos and decoders needing those BEMF CVs adjusted has been noted here before. I seem to remember there is something on the Bachman site documenting it too.

Certainly not applicable to TTS as it doesn’t support those CVs.

TTS equivalent is adjusting motor P and I values as applicable to each motor algorythm CV150. Hence adjust CVs 151/152 or CVs 153/154.

Archived