Gold plated Mallard

david_watts1

Well I've got the Ltd Edition Gold Plated mallard - I see what you mean - apart from the Metal Parts being Gold Plated, The Numbers & Lettering being in Gold & also getting a wooden Plinth with Gold plated Track which you can use on your Track (See  my vid :- 

) Also you get a Plaque aswell all in a Lovely well Preseted Box - see photos :-

/media/tinymce_upload/73f5ce5bbebbea4a2ea1ea2cf51cfbac.JPG

Gold Plated Mallard with Plaque & Plinth & Well Presened Box...

/media/tinymce_upload/c69d33822d568ac1a1848c4c54d35cc4.JPG

The inside of the box...

/media/tinymce_upload/7435e9bc3d092da324c3cfa72639a7ea.JPG

The Out side of box

Well the locomotive isn't going to change is it, It's still the mallard.

There's been no up grade of the LNER A4 class so the model is still from the same tooling.

Has for the box well I guess they've added 10 years and the RRP as gone up.

With mine, it was a retirement present from work 10 years ago. I put a DCC chip in it and I used it. It is now fitted with TTS.  The piece of track that came with it then is my programming track. Don't think it will appreciate in money as so many were made and every 10 years there's a new one. I am 74 so I run it on my layout.

Some thing else of interest is that the new gold plated version (R3612) does not appear in the 2019 catalogue.

However the NRM model i.e. "as preserved" can be found on page 60. This model has a higher R ref than R3612,

Was this deliberate to prevent direct comparison within the catalogue ?

Oh I see (siad the blind man to his deaf & dumb daughter - (Just a silly rhyme I know!!!) ) any way looks like the answer is no D. W.  they both look the same apart from the packaging & the track sits on a wooden plinth!!!

I wouldn't get the 80th if you already got the 70th edition - if in 10 yrs time they do a 90th edition then I won't be getting that edition!!! You only really need to get one edition!!!

Hello Anglia998 😀

I didn't know that they did an 

75th Anniversary isue in 2013!

let alone a 70th edition!!! Starting to Sounds like that are doing a epecial edition every 5 may be 10 yrs in the hope that folk will buy then just because & make a load of money!!! Not sure though  🤔