eLink over 4 years old, will they repair it?

You have to call Hornby on the number at page bottom, tell them the problem. They will give you a returns number and you post your elink to them. If they can fix it they will tell you and the price if any. They pay return postage to you.

Hi Paul - please check the email address you are using.

At 16:29 I emailed Hornby and asked them to confirm reciept.

At 16:34 I had an auto response telling me someone would be in touch within 5 days.

At 16:49 I had a confirmation from a Customer Care Assistant that my message had been received.

R-

There are not that many components in an eLink and likely failures are simple to replace. The problem will be can they get hold of the items or suitable equivalents.

/media/tinymce_upload/d18408f4ca3cff65cb05125eb0cc1bd3.JPG

Thank you for the photo, I can now recognize where my burning has taken place, there is blackening at the base of the DC In, and L6 & F2, there might possibly be other damage but it's not obvious, I will have to wait and see what Hornby have to say. But if Hornby says I would have to buy a new eLink, then I have decided I will give up the hobby and sell everything off, maybe on eBay. I am 75 now, and any extra expense now is out of the question.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes this happened to mine, I took the back off and I could see where the mains plug goes in was all burnt out, I phoned them and returned it, about a week later I got it back and they said they replaced the whole circuit board which I thought was jolly decent of them as it was free of charge.