Wagon/Bogie Repairs

96RAF

Hi everyone. First time i've posted so hope i've got the right forum.

Can anyone tell me if there is someone over here sells a gadget similar to the micromark truck tuner or has anyone come up with a better idea or alternative? 

Hi WTD.

I have that set.

A fair bit easier than trying to use a drill bit in a pin vice! 😉

Just in case anyone is wondering...

These devices are for reaming out the bearing holes in plastic axle boxes to give more lateral room for the pin point axles...

So if the axle is a little stiff to turn, you pop out the wheelset, and pop one of the reamers in place. By turning it by hand, cutting edges remove a small amount of the plastic, so deepening the holes in the axle boxes... 😉

Strictly speaking the forum guidelines and rules do forbid direct promotion of other brands, but the rules are normally stretched in the general interests of the hobby - per WTD’s comments, e.g. track, locos, decoders, controllers, etc. Other forums are available where you can buy and sell.

Forum Guidelines

• We will not accept active promotion or advertising of non-Hornby Hobbies brands.

Forum Rules

Discussion of non-Hornby brands is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of these brands is not permitted.