what's your latest build (newly started).

mark_75

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at my shelf I realised I didn't have enough Spitfires so I dragged out the Eduard Royal Class Quattro Combo Spitfire Mk IX kit from my stash. Four planes selected from 14 schemes - lots of choice with PE and resin parts and paint masks. Have the option of building early or late C-type wing, E-type wing and a clipped wing version. Also included are resin beer barrels to recreate a Spitfire flown by Wing Commander J. E. (Johnnie) Johnson reputed to have brought beer to men in Normandy and hence has the D-Day black and white stipes on the wings and fuselage. Hope I can do them justice.

I currently have the following on the workbench:

Arma Hurricane Mk 1 (Tropical) at painting stage.

Airfix Beaufighter TFX (from FW 190/Beaufighter TFX dogfight doubles) at decal stage.

Academy Helldiver assembly stage (just finished fuselage)

Revell ME 109 G-10 at painting stage

Mikro 72 LWS Czapla attaching wing stage (this has been on the bench for quite a few months)

• 2 weeks later...

Keeping on the jet theme - 1;72 Airfix MiG 15 (#00017), Series 0 from 1995. Cost me $9 but on opening th tiny box I now know why. Very, very basic. Decided I'll build it like I'm 12 again!  😛

I think I was about the same age when I built it - it probably took me about half an hour & got a coat of Airfix G8 silver, applied with a cheap, plastic-handled (and bristled!) brush.  Happy memories!

Just started on my Battle of Britain themed build for the 80th anniversary. The Revell 1/72 Junkers Ju-88A-1. I've wanted a kit of a BoB period A-1 in my collection for as long as I can remember. Did think it would be Airfix though, as they have new tooled all the other BoB aircraft!

I'm doing a 1/72 BoB build, too,.  I have a Hurricane, Spitfire, and a Defiant (all Airfix) at the weathering stage.  I have an Airfix Ju87B1 half wrapped up in masking tape, and an Airfix Bf109E waiting on the sidelines, along with an Eduard Bf110.  It's a shame Airfix didn't re-issue their Do17 for the 80th anniversary, I'd have snapped one up.

From previous post:

Arma Hurricane Mk 1 (Tropical) Completed.

Airfix Beaufighter TFX (from FW 190/Beaufighter TFX dogfight doubles) Completed.

Academy Helldiver at painting stage

Revell ME 109 G-10 at painting stage

Mikro 72 LWS Czapla attaching wing stage (this has been on the bench for quite a few months)

Airfix Lancaster B1/BIII at assembly stage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Lets go to the :Lab & See what's on the slab." (For those two people that don't know. It's from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.") I've always wanted to do that since this forum started.

Even though I still have a couple of models waiting, since the lock-down in March to be completed, I decided to try and get my Mo-Jo back by starting the Rode Vomag with the 88mm anti-aircraft gun on the back. I've always done Roden kits with a bit of trepidation, as their construction and fit often leads a bit to be desired. I now have the engine and chassis completed, and the aft body and floor. The engine looks great, and is a real beauty, far better than their Opal Blitz one. So far the finnese and fit of the moulded parts has been excellent, (Very un-Roden-ish) Easily up to ICM quality. I can only think they've got themselves a new CAD program. If you see this kit, and are into 1/72 armour give it a try, you might be very pleasently surprised.

Gives me hope for some of the new Roden kits I've recently purchased. I'll try and post a completed photo in the pandemic forum if it's still up and running.

Remember we do this for fun                                              John the Pom.