Wishlists 2021

Ratch

I would like to see some car kits in 1/43 with my own preference for 1960's and 70's British classics that complement existing die-cast models, could extend to commercials in 1/50 scale if popular. Thoughts anyone?

If they do the cars in 1/43 then they should the commercials in the same scale. The 7mm model railway fraternity are crying out for 1/43 commercials.

How about upscaling the 1/72 Lancaster to 1/48. A new kit is long over due.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1:72 Scale (New tools)

Handley Page Halifax 

Short Stirling

This would complement the newly tooled B-17, and Avro Lancaster; and would allow for a RAF Heavies bundle - which would please many modellers.

Short Sunderland 

De Havilland Mosquito 

CAC Boomerang (A bit obscure but would suit an Australian and New Zealand market well - alongside filling up British Commonwealth aircraft in the Pacific nicely).

Saab 37 Viggen (Although not a British aircraft - it would appeal as one of the most iconic Scandinavian aircraft).

Also I would recommend releasing models such as the Gloster Meteor but with non-British markings - I am thinking Belgium, Denmark, France, Israel, etc.

1960s RAF Airfield Ground support.

AEC Mantador Bowser and trailer, or Leyland Hippo Bowser, or Bedford RL tactical bowser.

Salamander Fire Tender,

Sentinel 4x4 Heavy Tractor

Morris J2 crew bus

Lancer Side Lift Fork lift truck -(bloodhound)

Crossley Water Bowser

Austin K9 Ambulance

I was hoping Airfix would do the late model B25-D with waist guns and tail gun similar to the B25-J.  I would hope this was not too hard.

As an Australian I am hoping later on AIrfix will release the Australian Beaufort.  The big difference is in the tail and turret, although early Australian produced Beauforts only has the different tail, the turrets were pretty much the same as the British produced version.

New tool Boston and Walrus in 1/72.

How about something slightly off beat, like the Vultee Vengeance.

Airfix have been focusing on the aircraft side of their range  but on the vehicle side they have supplied us with some fresh  kits on the airfield side of the business with various RAF and USAAF vehicles . 

What other sets would people want to see 

1) post WW2 aircraft support vehicles 

2) Home Guard set 

3) Airfield Construction set 

4) Seaplane support set so maybe a support set for the Swordfish floatplane or Catalina and other Seaplanes 

5) Japanese Airfield support set 

6) Luftwaffe support set 

7) Italian airfield support set 

8) Dunkirk set - reboxing of existing vehicles with vacuform beach or mole 

9) Operation Market Garden set rebox glider Dakota airborne jeep with new Vacform 

10 ) Malta Set reboxing of existing vehicles with Vacform 

11) Bocage set existing vehicles plus appropriate Vacform 

I was hoping Airfix would do the late model B25-D with waist guns and tail gun similar to the B25-J.  I would hope this was not too hard.

As an Australian I am hoping later on AIrfix will release the Australian Beaufort.  The big difference is in the tail and turret, although early Australian produced Beauforts only has the different tail, the turrets were pretty much the same as the British produced version.

New tool Boston and Walrus in 1/72.

How about something slightly off beat, like the Vultee Vengeance.

Yep an Aussie version of the upcoming Beaufort would be great!

Also be good to see new tooling of the Walrus in 1/72 and an Arado Ar196

As well as a new mould Fairey Battle, it would be great if the RAF Emergency set, the RAF Refuelling set (both 1/76) could be added to the Vintage Classics range, along with the Control Tower but here's the thing - make sure all the accompanying figures are in proper styrene rather than polythene - and also release the 1/72 RAf WW2 and Luftwaffe personnel in proper styrene, and having nearly finished fighting with the old mould Hawker Tempest mk V, how about a new mould version in 1/72 to go with the brilliant Typhoon?

Now I love 1/24 scale and airfix new  kits have been fantastic..I would love Airfix to do a 1/24 P-40E Warhawk as it does get overlooked bit it has served with most allied airforces in all theatres of war and the prethra of nose art is far and wide..and if took the modular approach to the kit many of the later marks F...K...L...M and N I know many modellers would snap one up if the had the chance...a big warbird with big teeth on the nose is not only good looking the P-40 carries them so well and are iconic...thanks for reading this and give the Big P-40 a go....many regards Johnny Red.

The idea of a 1/24 P40 is one I like, in a Desert Air Force scheme (don't know where I'd put it!)  However, I'd be happy if Airfix worked their magic & re-tooled some of the 1/72 classics which are crying out for attention - Fairey Battle, HP Hampden & Halifax, Westland Lysander, Westland Scout (with a Wasp variant?), Fairey Firefly, any of the WW1 & inter-war biplanes.  Oh, and a Hawker Tempest Mk V.  And a BAC/Sepecat Jaguar (Desert Storm) and a SA330 Puma, and a Short Stirling, and a......my parents used to dread my Christmas lists!

I have just looked through my original list and have edited it.  I am mindful of keeping the models realistic.

I would like to see the following . . .

1/72nd Hurricane I with Metal Wing. ( New parts and decals.   )

1/72nd Tempest II  ( New Tool )

1/72nd Beaufighter ( Early version, with horizontal tail.)  ( New parts)  As a NF version.  Guy Gibson?

1/72nd Mosquito BIV.  ( New Tool )

1/72nd F-80C Shooting Star.  ( There are no modern versions of this available and there are so many super schemes for this aircraft.  This would perfectly link to the other famous Korean War jets, the MiG 15 and F-86 Sabre, and the recently released F-51D Mustang.  The F-84 Thunderstreak could be re-released to go with the set. )

1/72nd T-33  Shooting Star  (The 2 seater has also been very neglected in this scale.  A new tool would be very welcome.  Again, there are so many super schemes for this aircraft that it could be re-released every year with new schemes.)

1/48th Hurricane I  with Fabric wing.  ( New wing parts and loads of schemes.)

1/48th Jet Provost T3 - T4  ( New tool )

1/48th  Swift FR5   ( New Tool )

Others would be re-releases . . . . 

Fokker F-27 in original markings . . .Aer Lingus.

BAC Trident.   BEA Red Box

BAC 1-11   

HP42

DHC Beaver. ( Very silly prices on the internet.)

Douglas Skyraider

Bronco OV 10A or D versions.

Sabre D

Douglas Skyray

McDonnell Banshee

Kaman Seasprite.  Some good schemes for this aircraft.

I believe that there is tooling for the T-45 Goshawk, but it was never released.

I would love to see some new hard plastic 1/72nd figures to go with the RAF Bomber Support set.

I wonder if the Dinosaurs would be worth a re-run.  I know that my grandkids are mad on them.

I would buy these kits, probably more than one.  The 1/72 Hurricane would be a multiple purchase, as would the F-80c and T-33.I hope that these suggestions are of use. 

I haven't seen a model of a Royal Navy frigate from the late 18th/early 19th century (Napoleonic wars). A model of such (any scale, but the larger the better) would be appreciated.

Airfix have HMS Shannon, though it's not easy to find.  It's about 1/600.

Other than that there are a lot of wooden kits on Ebay for very low prices.  ( Up to £20 )  These are from China, but look pretty good.  I think Revell had some out in the 50's.

I'd really like to see an new tool Harvard/Texan in 1/48. Current toolings are so much better and it would be great to see one that is accurate and I think it would be a good seller as there is a big market considering the use of these aircraft. Apart from the Harvard I'd love a Beaufort in 1/48 scale too.

• 2 weeks later...