Turntable control - bachmann ?

Can you specify the exact Bachmann TT part number please. I have tried to find your TT online to research, but the ONLY BM TTs I can find are N Gauge and there appears to be more than one part number allocated to those as well (i.e different N Gauge TT versions?).

I am fairly sure that RM will support different branded TTs. There are definitely posts on this forum relating to supporting a Heljan DCC TT in RM for example......I know because I contributed to that thread.

I am assuming you have a Bachmann turntable or have a preference for that manufacturer. I personally never gave any consideration to converting a dc turntable to dcc, and went for the Heljan 89121 dcc , and found it to be a very good buy. Smooth, very accurate and a well made unit. At approx' £200 , it obviously is quite a financial outlay, but is in my opinion worth it. I see the company from Sheffield are doing it at £195. Ignore the rubbish you may see (or have read) regarding setting it up. Believe me, if I did it , so could your Granny . Please keep us informed which way you go, and there are plenty of people on form , who would be willing to help or advise.

Thanks folks...

Was looking at various TT's - with a preference for those that don't need a hole (at least to start off with)...

Also prefer TT that can be matched up with a roundhouse.... - Which led me to the Bachmann and the Thomas series Tidmouth sheds.

Not a lot of choices when you plug in those variables.

Also needs to be RM friendly with DCC control.... (sounds like a good spot to fit one of the Hornby 4pin decoders.... when I upgrade that loco with a more flexible decoder)

But I may just drop the Roundhouse requirement, as it seems all too hard in OO... in which case it would lead me straight back to the Hornby TT...

Wordsworth does a build your own roundhouse . See here  

His designs are very good. I have built several.

Also if you google OO roundhouse and select the Images tab there are links to many manufacturers.