The Rocket

Yes, very promptly 5 mins into the one hour slot. I am sure I'm not spoiling the surprise for others but it's not a big package!

My layout is DCC but I can power with DC so I may give the Rocket a run tomorrow - if I can get to my garage without getting drenched.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear they are getting delivered,im going to call Hornby tomorrow morning first thing ,apparently they weren't able to capture the payment as they put it ,something not right with the card details apparently,I've got untill 23.59hrs on the 21st feb or I will lose my stock allocation,so I look forward to getting the rocket hopefully mid week ,,,,mjb

No, I have not noticed when all of the models’ estimated delivery dates. That’s something I need to do, so I know the sort of time is due product is due. I have looked at these dates for the models I want out of the 2020 range.

37lover, do you mind posting these if your Stephenson‘s Rocket Train Pack please? Thanks.  😀

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Jacob, I must admit that you have me completely stumped this time too. I am usually quite good at acting as an interpreter with what you write. But this time I have to totally agree with 37L, your latest post is complete and total 'gobbledegook'. I'm sure you know what you mean........but to us mere mortals, the wording used in your last post has completely unintelligible meaning.

For latecomers, the story thus far:

Holmes, without checking the pre-order expected delivery dates, had been anticipating Rocket delivery later in the year.  On discovering Watson's limited edition purchase was in transit/had arrived, deduced that production must have started prior to pre-orders.  Watson feigned surprise at this "amazing" deduction.  Holmes either ignoring Watson's dig completely or, uncharacteristically (or not) had it pass over his head without notice, said he should check pre-order dates and could Watson please post some photos.

Trust that helps everyone as this story will no doubt continue, with the mystery deepening in true Conan Doyle fashion.  The Rivet Police may even get involved, but hopefully not.

Mine arrived this morning. Looks pretty good, and small. Slightly disapointed with the couplings; they are still the one piece moulding show in the video. Obviously they can be put on the right way up which will not look so bad. May try and get hold of replacement couplings.

I noticed there is one on eBay already, I checked the listing and they say they do not have it yet, but will send it when it arrives. Slightly suss as people who ordered them are likely to have them by now (I'm guessing). Unless it is only those who have ordered direct from Hornby have them. Not sure how it works with pre-orders from other retailers as I have only had fullfilled orders from Hornby.

Mine arrived this morning. Looks pretty good, and small. Slightly disapointed with the couplings; they are still the one piece moulding show in the video. Obviously they can be put on the right way up which will not look so bad. May try and get hold of replacement couplings.

I noticed there is one on eBay already, I checked the listing and they say they do not have it yet, but will send it when it arrives. Slightly suss as people who ordered them are likely to have them by now (I'm guessing). Unless it is only those who have ordered direct from Hornby have them. Not sure how it works with pre-orders from other retailers as I have only had fullfilled orders from Hornby.

If I had "ordered one for a friend" as the Seller states who now has decided he doesn't want one then I would request he pays me and let him sell on. I suspect this Seller is trying to make a quick buck at the expense of those who didn't manage to get a pre-order.

They will take time post them. I doubt they will all arrive at the same time. What is wrong with the couplings out of interest. 

WtD, you know "that" video of The Rocket with coupling chains upside down. Well in his apology video, Mike mentioned these and said not to worry the final version would have individual links. I thought by this he meant they would be individual links in the chains. They're not, they are the same ones as featured in "that" video. I supose they are individual and can be used to link the coaches and they do not look as bad when placed the correct way up. It's just that to me, they do not look quite "right". I think they should be tight when the train moves off, and a lot looser when it stops. Maybe rivet counting, but that is my opinion.

I suppose for more longevity it's better as a one-piece moulding / casting - and considerably cheaper.

Ladies' necklaces have links at least fine enough to be equivalent - not saying you should link your 'Stephenson' and coaches with gold necklaces, just that such fineness is more than possible.

I suppose with the prices involved, £10 of old fine necklace wouldn't even be noticed!!

(I did say old aka broken!)

Al.

I suppose for more longevity it's better as a one-piece moulding / casting - and considerably cheaper.

Ladies' necklaces have links at least fine enough to be equivalent - not saying you should link your 'Stephenson' and coaches with gold necklaces, just that such fineness is more than possible.

I suppose with the prices involved, £10 of old fine necklace wouldn't even be noticed!!

(I did say old aka broken!)

Al.

This was just where I was going. Last night my wife was sorting out some old chains; silver rather than gold. They even go black. The original "chains" will stay unused (and undamaged) in the packaging.