doncaster exhibition

Wellwhynot

I've never been b4 but Well all I can say if it is in a big hall like the Warley @ the NEC last year - then probaby yes it is worth a visit but if it is in a small room like the 1 I saw in Bakewell last year & it took me all of 5 mins to see every thing then no!!!

Not that at all but if you haven't been what's the point of saying what you did.  Bit like you asking me what's it like in Mexico. I've no idea but if it's like Norway it'll be cold, but if it's like Singapore it'll be hot.  😆

If you went to the trouble of looking at the Doncaster MRE it says it is at the racecourse so looks like it's pretty big. 

Looks like it'll be HUGE!!

Google is your friend - took me 5 seconds to find answers - looks great.

If you're local, passing through, or 'like a road (or rail) trip' then just do it!!

https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/information/the-festival-of-british-railway-modelling-layout

Al.

PS   Mexico can be very hot - and cool, wet and windy - but (99.99%) of the people are fantastic!! (We've a lab there.)

I know, it was just an example ... metaphor shall we say.

I have been, although it was quite a few years ago, it was a good show, in a big hall, but very popular so there was a bit of a shove to see some of the exhibits. The queue to get in was quite long as well, not too bad for me then, but nowadays  with my horrible legs a real no-no.

I remember that I bought some interesting black & white photographs, but not a lot else.

With these big shows it is always wise to pre-book tickets as they are cheaper and you get to join the early queue and get in half an hour before the pay-on-the-day folk.

@LC I know what you mean about the legs. These shows are too long a day for me as well.

Yesterday I went to the show, it was very well worth the trip from Bedfordshire for a round trip of 255miles.

There was lots great layouts there and it seemed busyer this year. All in all it is great show. It was my second visit. I was able to buy the new hornby B12 R3544.  Will go again next year.