Glass display cabinet?

Dav2

I'm guessing many have these to store and display loco's that are not currently in use on the track.

Just looking to see if anyone found a nice cheap one that fits the loco's in well. I know it's easy enough to find one, but looking for folks experience and if they found one really cheap that works perfect. Or are cheap ones exactly that, cheap. Is it better to get a mid priced cabinet.

TIA

I also have the same glass display cabinet from Lidl, that LC&DR has. My two are white though, not a wood effect colour. I am unsure if Lidl still stock them, but since I bought my two in 2014, they have been coming back into stock randomly in their one off stock products, usually found in the middle of the supermarket, somewhere.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

@morairamike

I have never that small version, of Lidl's glass display cabinet before. How do these cabinets open? I can't see a key slot.

I spy in your second cabinet, a rare Thomas locomotive. Is that the R9104 Thomas the Tank Engine with the pristine body with the tired face, or the Thomas locomotive from the R9260 Thomas & The Great Discovery Train Set, with the muddy body splattered with brown dots and the same tired face? It looks like the R9104 Thomas the Tank Engine to myself.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

They don't have keys just a hidden hinge and a magnetic catch. Had them for maybe 6 years. 

Thomas was presented to me when I returned in 2009, along with the gold plated Mallard. Thomas doesn't get out much but he was on his own no rolling stock. They gave him to me first, then Mallard. She is TTS fitted and is used.

/media/tinymce_upload/1932871e8a307dd9e7b89035e05540e8.jpg