N gauge

Wellwhynot

Hi Wellwhynot

I was once into N gauge in a very big way.

That fell by the wayside due to the older age version of failing eye sight, the one every one will eventually get.

No "N" gauge page and yes Hornby did once do Minitrix (but only the UK outline models) which was N scale

They also did more recently Lydle End which was basically N scale versions of  Scaledale buildings these where very nice buildings but came to late for me.

I have Busby's Hair Salon in both "N" and OO scale the "N" one is tiny

They currently own Arnold which is also N scale.

It is unlikely an "N" scale page would be added to the forum as Hornby is traditionally an OO scale company, and given Hornby's forum rules any N scale page would have to give card blanch to break most of them on the N gauge page.

Which would cause no end of problems with the Traditional Hornby modelers rules for one forum and not others kind of thing.

regards John

There are other forums which cater for multiple gauges, Hornby Forum is tied into the Hornby company and as such is primary OO/HO apart from Arnold in the International section and as has been said is unlikely to extend to N gauge in the prime topic areas.

A few of us on here also use The Model Railway Forum, and RMweb, and there are others. These cater for all scales and gauges and have special topic areas for certain gauges including N.

Model Railway Forum is a fairly friendly bunch much like this one, but there seem to a load of pedantry on RMweb and you can get some stick if you stray from ultra seriousness, or disagree with some of the dafter members.