'American' Loco (Disney/Pixar). 4-4-0 + 3 wagons.

Puffed Out

I have found a little Loco in a box of odd assortments, with a cow catcher at the front, a huge smoke stack. on the tiny Loco. Black body with 'brass/gold' banding. Reddish spoked driving wheels.

The Loco has quite a few bits missing, like the cab, and towing linkage/coupling.  Straight out of the box of bits, it went along exceptionaly well on the track. Quite a fast little blighter.

Possibly it came with 3 wagons, all with 4 axles..................?

1). Western Bank

2). Carriage/Goods van.

3). Guards Van.

I can find nothing about it, just wondering if anyone knows anything.?  Obviously connecting with some animated movie.!

@Puffed Out

These are all from the 2010 released, Hornby R1149 Disney Pixar Toy Story 3 Electric Train Set.

The Train Set included:

• Western-style Locomotive
  • Western Bank Wagon
  • Coach with Woody and Buzz Lightyear figures on the roof
  • W.W.R. 095 Caboose / Brake Van
  • Railer tool
  • Track
  • Controller
  • Disney Pixar Toy Story 3 TrakMat

The locomotive and rolling stock are very plasticky and do not contain the usual OO gauge couplings.

Where did find all of this, out of interest? Was it a purchase you forgot, or knew nothing about?

@Sarahagain

Correct. In the Disney Pixar Toy Story 3 film, the locomotive had a tender, but for some reason that I do not know, Hornby did not produce the tender. I imagine to save on costs.

I am not sure if in the film the train was supposed to be a model railway, but most likely a battery powered toy train, as the Disney Pixar Toy Story films are focused on toys, that are alive.

Sarahagain's post had not been posted, when I was typing this post.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

@GNR-Gordon-4

I bought a large box of bits/scrap/used/not working Hornby stuff.  Just working my through it.  This little 'set' was wrapped in bubble wrap.  It's not in that good a condition. The wagons about 75% ok, the Loco about 55-60%

No cab, lantern, Bell, or steam dome nor coupling on the Loco.  But the Loco runs as sweet as nut.

The wagons have the handrails/ladders broken, with some of the bits still attached. But generaly in reasonable order.

Thank you for the information, Puffed Out.  😀

In the past on eBay, I have seen some listings for cabs, but I am unsure without checking, if there are any there for sale, at this present day.

As I mentioned last night (Saturday 21/03/2020), in my post that I posted at 22:46:43, I mentioned somewhere that the locomotive and the wagons are plasticky. The locomotive's body appears to be made up of seperately fitted plastic pieces, that all appear to be loose, or they are on mine (I bought my train set brand new and unused, in around 2011 and that's how it was out of the box). I do not think it would take much force to break those pieces off.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF) 

With the information gained by you, and others, I was able to purchase a Loco intact with all the bits & bobs fitted, for about £15.

This will now go to my godson, included on a small basic layout. 

All I need to do now, is find a Thomas the Tank around the same price, or thereabouts.  Thomas will be for my Great Nephew on a simlilar basic layout.  Sadly, no Thomas in my box of bits.spares/scrap.

IF they survive, and they get the bug for Hornby......it will make Xmas and birthday prezzies so much easier.  But if that happens, I doubt those prezzies will be out of box of odds and sods. 😆

The Hornby Disney Pixar Toy Story 3 locomotive and rolling stock, do not fetch a lot of money, probably due to how simple they are. When I purchased it myself, I will be honest, I was disappointed by it's quality. I was hoping it would be better.

Hornby Thomas' are easy to find, as so many of them and variants have been produced, since the 1980's. All you giot to do, is come across a good runner with no damage. I have found a lot of damaged and none runners on eBay and at exhibitions, locomotives I wouldn't look twice at.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Just spoke to my niece............Gt nephew is now more intereted in HS2 railway.  That makes things a lot easier, I have 3 Swallow Class Loco's that needed a bit of tender loving care.  2 run fantastic, the 3rd is a bit slower going backwards.

So all I need is a coach, I have the dummy.

If he thinks he'll be gettibg the latest Loco, he'll be lucky. 😆

Hi all

Technically box car, combine and caboose are the make up of the train

These turn up relatively cheap from time to time on evil bay as do the locomotives

Not sure its worth doing anything with as it is well bellow par for a Hornby product it was not well received when it was released.

Might be useful for a chop jobs if you have suitable projects for it.

If you can get the loco repaired it might be worth looking for a suitable ex Triang wild west set 4Wh tender or a much more expensive Triang  Davy Crockett tender and making it connect to the locomotive.

regards John