Station Passengers

37lover

I use to have several benches on my platforms with seated passengers but took them away to fit inside some coaches. So currently I do not have many waiting passengers, something I would like to correct. Please, no jokes about social distancing.

I have lots of potential standing bodies, but I get a bit bored with static arrangements and have been thinking how I might be able to make clusters of passengers that I could swap or move. My platforms are made with cardboard from Scalescene downloads. 

I am thinking of either small pieces of thin cardboard [i have lots salvaged from cereal boxes] painted in a similar colour [but not exact match] to the platform that I could justify as platform surfacing repair(s). But a bit worried the edges might curl up. Or clear plastic sheet. I would stick groups of passengers on these and then place on top of the platforms.

I'll probably give the cardboard a trial first.

Anybody got any other suggestions?

Hi 37lover

You don't actualy have to have passangers stations spend a large part of there time empty, then the mad rush when a train arrives or departs.

My whole layout only has something like 7 figures in total all in poses where being static is just right.

The best base if you want to move them about would be a thin clear plastic.

regards John

Thanks for the replies, in no particular order my response is

Crowded/empty platforms: yes agreed but that is one reason I was interested in being able to easily change the Passengers.

I may well fix a basic "background" occupation of 8/10 [i have 3 platforms serving 5 lines] and I would probably use either Tacky Wax or Hob-e-Tac [which I already have] for these.

I have cut some card pieces but I think I'll try small offcuts of thin clear plastic, say 50/60mm x 30/40mm wide and stick a few people on these. If they don't fall over I am hoping to be able to slide these little sheets onto the platforms.

Like RAF I have used clear plastic offcuts and glued (UHU) the figures to them.  They are made from plastic glazing sheets that used to hold Metcalfe glazing pieces. About 10mm sqaure per figure is fine. The base cannot be seen once it is placed on the platform and as it is not glued to it the figures can be arranged in any grouping you like many times.

Hi 37lover

You don't actualy have to have passangers stations spend a large part of there time empty, then the mad rush when a train arrives or departs.

My whole layout only has something like 7 figures in total all in poses where being static is just right.

The best base if you want to move them about would be a thin clear plastic.

regards John

Very good idea, Buz.  Thankyou.