Airfix Forum Gallery 2020 (Pandemic Special!)

peebeep

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Admin be able to cope with approving all the images in a timely fashion???  Let's hope so.  😀

Submit your images and we'll find out! Even if the Airfix offices are closed for the duration I'm banking on admin checking us out daily from wherever they're isolating.  😉

I've had a bit more time on my hands this week so decided to finish off this Invader that I've had on the back boiler for a long time. I couldn't decide which version to build after I bought the Albatross decal sheet but slowly realised that all of them appeared to use the later style of cockpit canopy. After seeing the model gathering dust for ages I finally thought it was time for it to be completed, so I slapped on a fairly basic silver finish and used the markings for a machine used in the 'Bay of Pigs' invasion. I don't think the paint scheme was entirely accurate but I was quite pleased with the end result.

/media/tinymce_upload/c1994f3fb7b5367735f201da3de3a1e0.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/47a81bdc935c0310be69ef83e8b020dc.JPG

Great images everyone.  😉  😀

I reckon the Hornby Hobbies admin team are working at home, as they have been approving images over at the Hornby Forum in the past few days on the weekend and from 19:00 onwards to just after 01:00 the following morning. All of which are unusual times, that images never usually get approved during these hours.

GNR-Gordon-4 (AF)

Why can't the moderators be authorized to approve pics for this thread? They know Airfix models very well.     

BTW: You don't have to entitle any model as "Airfix XXX ...", as this forum is exclusively Airfix and other brand are not allowed.

I posted some pics yesterday morning for another thread. Still not approved.

Quick question for the Mod's/ Admin. Can we only post Airfix Kits in this virtual show, or can we include other manufacturers' made up kits if we don't promote the brand?

Just post up regardless, if they get approved we have an answer.

I am keen to post my models as well and will do so over the weekend but as since Xmas 2019 we are in the hands of the occasional moderator. 

But it will be good if this Virtual Model Show can gather some legs, hopefully with the support of Admin to moderate our images!?