Airfix Forum Gallery 2020 (Pandemic Special!)

peebeep

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the Academy 1/600 Titanic, Patrick? Nice  😎

No. The pic was of the Airfix Mauretania. I'm building the Academy 1/600 Titanic at the moment.

Patrick and Ratchet. Beautiful models of the Mauretania. A hardworking troop ship during WWi but an elegant liner in peace time. That picture of Patrick's model in peace time livery certainly shows her classic lines. Models are a great way to remember her long service and years of record holding speed In the North Atlantic.

Tim

Yes, the original Airfix forum was closed in March (DaveCov launched the ATF on April 21) and Hornby Hobbies took over in the August.

You know what, I am generally surpised by this. I generally thought it was longer than 2006, when Hornby Hobbies purchased Airfix. Thank you for telling me this. I am very gald you have.  😀

GNR-Gordon-4 (AF)

@ Jopress.

Stingray and Fireball are vacfirm kits by comet miniatures....I bought them some 30 years ago.

Thanks for this, I've just been checking out comet miniatures new web-site, Timeless Hobbies, there's some very interesting info on there. I've never seen it before.

Found this one in the garage from years ago. Not made in Hawkers in Kingston, but hey ho !

/media/tinymce_upload/7c30ab8e12b5a37f54b798ea8f61c3cd.JPG

This from the days when I did not possess decal setting solution, hence the evident film around the lightning bolt & the serial. I was pleased with the ‘Italian’ squiggles on the leading edges though. See what you think.

Very nice, I did the new Hurricane tooling back in 2016 - it came with that decal option. I went with the other scheme..

/media/tinymce_upload/ec2b6e1c89403f6425c4e06ac779e292.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/4920415a57be5eb7413ab9f4e687fe94.jpg

And built within a mile of both the former Kingston Hawker Sites ;)

Found this one in the garage from years ago. Not made in Hawkers in Kingston, but hey ho !

This from the days when I did not possess decal setting solution, hence the evident film around the lightning bolt & the serial. I was pleased with the ‘Italian’ squiggles on the leading edges though. See what you think.

Very nice, I did the new Hurricane tooling back in 2016 - it came with that decal option. I went with the other scheme..

And built within a mile of both the former Kingston Hawker Sites ;)

James,

Can’t say I like silver Hurricanes, but your model is an absolute beaut! Thank you very much for sharing it. Well done.

Dominic. 

One I finished almost exactly 5 years ago, a Westland Rotodyne Z, the proposed production variant of the Fairey Rotodyne.  Kit-bashed from one-and-a-half of the 1/72 Airfix Rotodynes and a Revell Transall C-160 (that donated the Rolls-Royce Tyne engines, part of the wings and the - unseen in these photos - interior):

and just to prove that made it big enough to be a military load-carrier, test-fitting the Airfix 1/76 1-tonne FC Land Rover and 105mm Light gun:

Tim,

This is a really well finished model, thank you for sharing it. I have recently obtained one and was thinking of a similar sort of scheme. This is a great incentive to start the build.

Dominic. 

I haven't posted recently what to put up?

This is the old Mongram 1/48 Hurricane built strictly for larfs as a stress buster.

Paul,

Thank you for sharing this. I look forward to your posts, there’s always something of interest. I really like the subject - shame I dont have a 1/48th Hurricane to try my hand at. Might have a go at a 1/72nd version though.

Dominic.