ARC PRO & Magic Studio Software

HI, I want to make the leap from the totally amazing Arc One to a digital setup.

The main reason is to run multiple pace cars ideally 4 pace cars and two human drivers !

I was looking at the ARC PRO and Magic Studio software, my main issue is....how easy is it to swop from using the standard arc pro software to Magic Studio and vise versa

As I can see benefits of both systems and would like to use them both quite regularly, possibly a number of times during one day.

Does anybody have experience with the Magic software ?

Cheers JK.

old way for old boy

Do not believe arc app will allow more than 1 pace car.

Evan less knowledge of magic.

Go to slotracer.online for how to for arc pro and slot forum,digital,scalextric for magic.

Have run multiple pace cars here to race against but 2 is usually enough with 1 per lane.

Just need 1 rubberband around controller per car.

No app necessary

The Magic APP and the official App can live just fine on the same device and work with the same powerbase just fine.

It is simply a matter of closing the other app before using the other one. The hardware is the same.

On some devices it may help to power off the Powerbase and turn it back on before starting the new app but it really is as simple as that.

If you have a Bluetooth loudspeaker the principle is the same. You can use it to play music through Spotify or video sound through Youtube. You shut one down and open the other.

There is a little bit of a learnign curve but Magic has included a manual in the app to help and as gorp says there are other forums to help.

• 1 month later...

I have not tried the scalextric app for a while now, as the recent upgrade meant it no longer works on my tablet. (Not scalextric's problem, it's an old tablet and I was lucky it worked as long as it did)

I run Magic Arc from my Laptop (Magic has a version for windows alongside Android and iOS, come on Scalextric, give me a windows version)

The most recent version of Magic has ironed out a few bugs and I've been happily racing against 2 pace cars.

They do not pit, nor do they change lanes, but when you have to do both, it becomes a real challenge.

The difficulty can be upped by increasing tire wear / fuel use on a per car basis, or in general for all cars.

You can have all 6 cars as pace cars on Magic, and this is cool for demo vids, but for fun racing, As Gorp says any more than 2 pace cars (one per lane) and you just end up with a pace car train after a few laps, which may as well just be 1 car.

I just retried the Scalextric App on a whim on the Tablet. It's working again ... at least in analogue mode. (I dunno if this is a happy accident, but Thankyou!)

I find the Scalextric app to be slicker and easier than Magic Arc, and having the tablet on the stand at the side of the circuit has a definate 'wow' factor with kids and adults alike.

For serious control though, Magic has endevoured to give us access to as many of the variables as possible, and the best thing for me is the afore said windows version so I can run the race from my laptop.

I just uploaded a new video showing Magic Arc, and Arc Pro in analogue mode (on my Arc Pro youtude thread in the general secion of this forum)