Digital running slower than analogue

Hey all, looking for some help! Got the scalextric out after years and built a new permanent track and upgraded to digital. However, when I switch to digital from analogue the cars run noticeably slower, can normally just keep this one on the track (hence broken rear spoiler) but once in digital i can nearly go full throttle through most corners. Any reason why? The chips are c8515 (rev.G), my track is old classic and copper taped (apart from digital elements) as most rails tarnished and have home made jump cables, perfect power all round in analogue but sluggish in digital

Have not noticed this , where  digital is slower on digital than when same car is run on analog side of same powerbase , but could be result of all power used to operate the track as digital, such as lane changers.

Well if we are comparing apples to apples, with all other facts the same, such as:

Same car tested on both with chip installed

Same powerbase with no other change then switching digital to analog side.

No app used for either.

No changers.

If so, your results would indicate that the digital side of the car/powerbase combo is using more power, thus car is slower when digital racing.

(There is no way to separate the powerbase from the car when testing apple to apple, so unknown is if chip itself uses less power itself, when running analog and the behavior of each revision of chips or if it is result of the powerbase alone or a combination of both)

If car is equal on both, install changers to see if that makes the difference.

Your results will be interesting here.

A 2nd power pack always helps, but it may or may not change this situation.

In the end , you are just playing with toys.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes using Arc PRO, used multiple cars with same effect, the cars fitted with a digital plug are faster considerably in analogue compared to digital also they have delay after the release of the throttle for a second or so in analogue  making slowing for corners tricky as need to dethrottle before would normally in digital.  Also the power supply is weird When using as a pace car in analogue as the power ramp is bizarre can't even get it to go round without deslotting or grinding to a halt, plenty of power near base and power taps but power dramitically drops away,  When switched to digital the cars deslots after 72% power whilst when in analogue and i have removed the chip I can get it to run round at 58% before deslots at the same corner therefore with the chip in digital it has 14% less power  

so ideally, any reason why in digital cars 14% slower (can go almost full power round track)

Bad behiour of chipped cars in analogue, currently using DPR cars but if I can get cars to behave same in analogue and digital will retrofit some older cars but reluctant unless get better power as no fun flat our most the way round. And like to race chipped vs non chipped cars as expensive an impractical to chip them all 

thanks