RailMaster Version 1.73 Released

Guest Chrissaf

After some considerable time has elapsed since the last RM application update [31st December 2019] ... version 1.73 has been released.

There is not a lot in the 'Release Notes' to indicate what has changed ... see relevant extract from notes below:

/media/tinymce_upload/f08fe78336c3d7d101c9525e343367db.jpg

As usual, use this thread to add any discoveries, findings and issues, that early adopters of this new version find.

Note that it may take some time to get the link text on the download link at the the top of the RM forum section updated to reflect the new version, but the 1.73 version is the one downloaded not 1.72 as annotated.

The release notes said it is a 'Maintenance Release'.

Maintenance releases don't usually 'auto-update' and need manual installation. It is only usually 'Feature Updates' that 'auto-update'.

Downloaded 1.73 ok and had a quick session. The only two things I have noticed so far are .....

1. The dropdown list of RM programs on the main screen is a lot wider, at the expense of the pink section which displays each program line as it is executed.

2. A few weeks ago, I mentioned on another thread, that my eLink was reset by RM on startup, regardless of the setting in the INI file. After this new version, the eLink did NOT reset at all, again on either setting in the INI file.

Ray

My elink still resets after the update.

Things I have spotted.

In Design Mode using the Sample Trackplan right clicking the track Sensor (yellow frame dark blue box) on that plan shows there is the choice of Optical or Magnetic sensors.

In the Loco Detection tab of the main Setting screen if you pick a sensor receiver the choice is LDM40 (I’m sure this used to be LDM56). Does this mean the sensor collector module has been derated. Once the receiver module is selected it enables a Sensor Diagnostics button. Pressing this button shows a grid of 40 sensors, each with a pair of radio buttons and what appears to be a binary status (0 showing but could it show 1). Does the radio button allow for selection of Hi-Lo sensor logic? Pressing the buttons moves the selected dot (I have just noticed blowing up the screen the left hand dot looks like a + but this may just be a limit of the icon or maybe the right hand button is a -) but this does not alter the status number.

Anyone found anything that works now that didn’t before.

Minor updates as usual, to late for me and given up waiting for a decent update.

just purchased a z21, WOW what a difference (this is where the Hornby elite should be now). Hello 21st Century....

Easy to use on my iPhone, PC program show what currant the device is using, easy to move between trains on app to control, new layout view can control points and signal easy, ability to easily zoom in on part of the track to change points and signals, and lots of other great improvements.

There are a few thing that the z21 doesn't do but railmaster does, just have to wait for an update (at least its being invested in to improve). 

Its great to be able to walk to parts of the track and control from the phone.

Shame hornby havn't invested in the same was to bring hardware and software up to this standard and modern hardware interfaces.

z21 or Z21 (black or white) as there is some difference In capability.

Usually aggressive promotion of other makes is not allowed on the forum but as this could vaguely be seen as a comparative analysis the post stands as is.

The difference between the z21 and Z21 is the Z21 has more capabilities, for what i am using it for i can get away with is the z21. the z21 generally comes with train packs but can buy easy enough.

Don't want to go any further because the Hornby Elite / Railmaster is a good starter option but now showing its age on the market. Fingers crossed Hornby get there act in gear and bring it upto the level that the z21/Z21 is.

For me i just ran out of patience waiting for it to be modernised and to many glitches with the way it works. glitches generally were fixable with a ini file change but shouldn't have to do it.