Higher Value CVs

Hello
Is it poss. to program the CVs above 255 on RailMaster or the Elite?
The Loks---- Decoder puts the seperate sound function volume levels in these high CVs but the RailkMaster will only show about 255 availible for proggraming.
Many Thanks

Elite Manual p35 indicates only CVs 1-255, and there's no change in the 1.4 Update Notes, so I'd expect not. There are other threads in the forums though about programming Loksound decoders - do a search and see what you find.

My advice is to use Decoder Pro.
It`s a free download will work with the Elite.
It will read the cv`s and display them in a readable format.
You can save the data.
You can change cv`s.You do not need to worry about what the cv number is.
It

tells you.
It even works with the Loksound V4 CV`s.
Give it a go just search for Decoder Pro.

Kingfisher

Hornby used to publish a full list of supported CVs on the web-site, but I can't find it now.
Perhaps HCC would be so kind as to provide the link if its still available.
Thanks in advance.
Rob

decoder pro (jmri) provides a very friendly interface to programme and backup the configs of your locos. It can display speed curves and has definitions for the hornby 8215, 8249 and 8245 decoders available. there is a bug in the 8245 where the direction

bit for auto running is inverted.... need to fix sometime.

In the end all that decoder pro does is provide a friendly front end to the command station. ie if the elite doesn't support a capability then decoder pro cannot create that capability.

the

824 indeed has some CVs in the 8xx range but they are mirrored at lower CV addresses with the comment that not all command stations can access the higher CVs.

I "think" I accessed the higher CV #s but it was a while ago so not sure. has anyone tried?

I asked this question to Hornby DCC help.

The Elite can read/write CV's up to a value of 1024 ( I think thats the number, I'm not at home so can't read the email, it's more than 1000 though!)

Hope that clarifies things.

Cheers

Ian

Archived