Approval?????

Padefc

Do we really need admin to vet every picture post I feel it’s slowing traffic an interest in genral in this forum it can take days for a turn around as far as I can tell almost every regular user Is over 40 at least what do they think we posting

From hereon the mod team can approve images, so it should no longer be a problem. I don't have an issue with the policy, it means you can nip spammers and anybody deliberately intending to post up unsuitable images in the bud.

Are you waiting? I cannot see any images waiting to be approved.
should have post in my fw190 thread as well as a dambuster thread and a avatar change but not just that in my post is meant in genral it’s good mods can approve pics there’s been loads of things I’d love to have a quick second opinion on were a pic would have been essential

I check for anything awaiting approval at least once in the morning and again in the evening and sometimes at other odd times during the day. There are another 3 mods who also check the site regularly so it shouldn't be that long a wait .....hopefully.

I haven't managed to get to the approval stage but I'm hoping with the moderators being able to approve images will smooth the process!

Tried uploading images last night on my PC and my phone this morning but I didn't get the message that my post had been saved on neither occasion so I have no idea if my post uploaded successfully 🤔!

Any thoughts or similar experiences anybody??

There is nothing awaiting approval.

I can say that when posting more than one image the site times out. I posted one then edited other pictures into my post last night.

Don't be impatient when posting and only click on the submit only once. It will work and we won't have to delete duplicate posts.

Ok cheers Ratch I'll try again but with only 1 image to begin with. I did click submit a couple of times as clearly nothing was happening and that is borne out by you stating nothing is awaiting approval!

I can say that when posting more than one image the site times out. I posted one then edited other pictures into my post last night.

I did notice your last lot of images were pretty large about 18.5mb pngs (a good poster printing size), this is really too large for a site like this, converting to jpg would produce a 2mb image which is just as good on the average PC/laptop screen and improve upload and viewing times...

Unfortunately many posters on this forum upload very large images that take a lot of time for viewers to download, particularly if the thread is well stocked with images as they will all download together, so much so that I rarely take the time to let them complete downloading so they can be viewed.. hence my lack of recent posts on members projects..

I'm actually surprised Hornby hasn't corrected this with their new forum format...

wink

I did notice your last lot of images were pretty large about 18.5mb pngs (a good poster printing size), this is really too large for a site like this, converting to jpg would produce a 2mb image which is just as good on the average PC/laptop screen and improve upload and viewing times...
I'm actually surprised Hornby hasn't corrected this with their new forum format...

On other sites I resize and use Flickr, but this site doesn't seem to like that format.

There are many issues still to be resolved (between the Hornby, Scalextric and Airfix sites), who knows when it'll all be done.

I have my camera set to a fairly high resolution, but always copy and resize images before posting, so I have a good quality original but another that's usable for posting. 1200 x 800 px gives a perfectly good image for viewing on a monitor and if saved in a compressed format (jpg etc) usually less than 1mb, typically less than half an mb. They will be quicker to upload and does everybody a favour by running more smoothly and rapidly when viewing.

My full size images are saved to my PC. I resize the pictures I wish to display on ATF, BM and UAMF on Flickr and post from there. That facility has been lost here - you can only post from your PC.

On your PC theres an app called "Paint" it can be found in "Windows Accesories", open the program: Start>Programs >Windows Accesories>Paint, you can use it to resize by percentage or pixels and convert (Save as) your images into all the major formats, crop images as necesary plus many other things, its very easy to use, then simply post the images directly to this forum.

If your using Windows then everything is there already in an easy to use format...

wink

I concur with Ironsides that many images are WAY too big. The Airfix site does say that images should be 800 pixels on the longest side (Usually the width.) . I have posted pictures that have been 850 or even 900 pixels and have never had a problem. Most of my pics are about 187 to 200 KB and up load very quickly and show on the post almost instantly.

I used to use Coral Photo Paint to edit my pics but the new version is going for stupid prices, I've now down loaded GIMP (Also a free to down load and use. Plenty of tutorials on U-Tube.) which personally I preferer over windows paint, although I'm also looking at Affinity photo editing app. It's British and very good rivaling the likes of Photo-Shop and Coral.

Before posting photos I try to improve the lighting, colour, and general quality of the picture; crop to the bits I want, Change the resolution to about 125 +/-, then set the size to 800 pixels and save as a JPEG usually at the default setting.

Hope this helps and here's to seeing quicker down loading of all the wonderful models you all make.

Remember we do this for fun John the Pom

PS. Why is Airfix using an American spell checker? Colour is not spelt 'color' in the "English" language. Come on Airfix how's about some patriotism. JtP

Errrrrr??? ----- What's happened to the editing feature that allowed the post a final edit if needed as soon as the post was posted. That feature has save me a lot embarrassment in the past.
Remember we do this for fun John the Pom.

Three little dots right hand top .-)

I've now down loaded GIMP (Also a free to down load and use. Plenty of tutorials on U-Tube.) which personally I preferer over windows paint, although I'm also looking at Affinity photo editing app. It's British and very good rivaling the likes of Photo-Shop and Coral.
Before posting photos I try to improve the lighting, colour, and general quality of the picture; crop to the bits I want, Change the resolution to about 125 +/-, then set the size to 800 pixels and save as a JPEG usually at the default setting.

I use Irfanview, very good and it's freeware. It as an excellent auto-adjust tool, one click fixes lighting, hue, saturation etc. It's best to use auto-adjust after resizing to reduce processing time. If auto-adjust misfires (it does occasionally) you can still use manual tools to fix everything.