Flexible track in reversing loop

Brew Man

On my first layout I had a reversing loop sitting diagonally across the inner of two ovals in order that trains could cross from the outer oval, change direction and be able to reverse into sidings. I found that the reversing loop, ('S' shaped) was incredibly difficult/ impossible to get knitted in completely without there being small gaps between fishplates. Soo, and assuming I repeat the arrangement with my next layout to be started soon, I have thought of using a stretch of flexible track for the isolated section in the loop. They are just about the right length at just under a metre. My question is, does anyone use flexible track? and if so, is it a sound product?

Thanks for any advice.

I suppose a remaining question is, well two questions, is there a preference between Hornby and Peco? (that might be transgressing the rules, if so, sorry) and is it possible to fit power connectors to flexible track, or would I need to solder wires directly to the track?

No difference in track quality for the brands you mention.

If you mean does flexi have the gaps in the sleepers for that type of track connection, then no, I don’t think so.

I would always advocate soldering over a purely push fit mechanical connection. R-