1:72nd Scale Bristol Beaufort Mk.I

T2B

The camera is very good at showing up minor imperfections, but not so good at showing the cockpit detail. But take my word for it, the cockpit glassing is very clear so the details can be seen so I'm pleased I spent time painting the interior!

hi T2B not sure if this technique would help you taking these type of pictures with the glass been curved, as the glass reflects light back up the lens the closer you can get to it the less light is reflected back, if I'm taking a pic through glass i get as close as i can if i can touch the glass i put the lens touching it as it then becomes part of the lens its self and stops it reflecting back. don't use a flash and if the camera has a macro setting try using this as you are more of a 1:1 ratio for picking close detail up, you could try having the light source ( window or a light ) in front of you so the light comes through it and not reflect of it from behind you but not so bright it washes the colour out and turns it white, if it does go a bright white you could look at altering the white balance (wb) settings. sorry if this seems like a lecture but i don't find it easy trying to put what i know into words, but i find what you have done with this kit amazing and i hope this helps you get the picture you want to show how good it is.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The camera is very good at showing up minor imperfections, but not so good at showing the cockpit detail. But take my word for it, the cockpit glassing is very clear so the details can be seen so I'm pleased I spent time painting the interior!

hi T2B not sure if this technique would help you taking these type of pictures with the glass been curved, as the glass reflects light back up the lens the closer you can get to it the less light is reflected back, if I'm taking a pic through glass i get as close as i can if i can touch the glass i put the lens touching it as it then becomes part of the lens its self and stops it reflecting back. don't use a flash and if the camera has a macro setting try using this as you are more of a 1:1 ratio for picking close detail up, you could try having the light source ( window or a light ) in front of you so the light comes through it and not reflect of it from behind you but not so bright it washes the colour out and turns it white, if it does go a bright white you could look at altering the white balance (wb) settings. sorry if this seems like a lecture but i don't find it easy trying to put what i know into words, but i find what you have done with this kit amazing and i hope this helps you get the picture you want to show how good it is.

Or, if using a mobile phone camera, hold one lens from a pair of Polaroid glasses in front of the lens, that should cut down on the glare. HTH

PS Nice work, looking good.

Thanks Ed. And looks like you have attained a good clean finish William. Mine will be ready for display images once I have done 1 or 2 tweeks to my display base if my ideas come to fruition 🤔?

I shall declare this model finished. I'll start with an image of the box art and model.

As the website still seems to be only uploading single images I'll only be doing a few tonight.

Thanks Heather and will look forward to seeing yours once you get the correct decals for your 1940s era builds.

Incidentally I know a favourite aircraft of yours is the Hampden and wondered if you saw my rework of the old kit I did about a year ago with a full interior and new engines before the demise of the old Forum?

Thanks Heather and will look forward to seeing yours once you get the correct decals for your 1940s era builds.

Incidentally I know a favourite aircraft of yours is the Hampden and wondered if you saw my rework of the old kit I did about a year ago with a full interior and new engines before the demise of the old Forum?

I suppose I could still use the kit transfers, but I think I’d like a MkI from early in 1940.

I did see your Hampden. Good work! Hopefully the old photos will reappear one day.

Yes hopefully Heather or I might just have to repost my build thread?

But anyway a quick Google search shows that 22 Sqn were re-equipping with the Beaufort from Apr 1940 so it would fit your 1940 criteria, it would just depend when the airframe serial N1016 arrived on squadron to be able to use all the kit decals?

Thanks PMM. I do on occasion like to try something different if the box art inspires me, and I enjoyed trying something different!

I like your model too, I'll be doing that scheme soon with something different again planned 🤔??

And thanks Dominic.