T2B

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ask away.

I assume you mean the stand slot I've cut in the lower wing and I've added a close up image.

Airfix have the flashed over 2 holes for their stand in the 1 piece closed bomb bay doors, but as I will be removing that after painting I needed a stand slot, and I have plenty of the original Airfix transparent items for said use!

forum_image_606ef95c13d81.thumb.png.b90fc25ca1e2cce57cdc2107ca1b1bbe.png

I’m following this build with great interest. It’s always good to watch how things should be done.. ;-)

Anyway, for what it’s worth, I managed to load three pix simultaneously-ish in my addition to the 2021 Pandemic thread in the General heading. These were of the Special Hobby Beaufort which I thought could provide a comparison for all the Airfix builds I was hoping to see.

D.

Thanks for your interest Dominic. I think the on going teething problems with the new website and forum are putting off a lot of users as there seems to be reduced activity and fewer new threads?

Thanks Ed but it's an Eduard Mask set that was available just before the kit was. But everywhere is Sold Out now so must be popular.

Only time for a coat of BS Dark Earth today and the 1 image!

forum_image_606f59bde25d1.thumb.png.e8d12464ac73f68da7d53c5b355fc034.png

Thanks Ed but it's an Eduard Mask set that was available just before the kit was. But everywhere is Sold Out now so must be popular.
Only time for a coat of BS Dark Earth today and the 1 image!
forum_image_606f59bde25d1.thumb.png.69672e9b21be2118f7e0e3d8cf59dc9f.png

Hannants finally got some Beauforts in and I've ordered mine, along with a set of Kits World decals. But, of course, they are all out of the Eduard mask sets!

Hopefully, by the time I get to that stage, I'll be able to find a set.

Chris

Guys, could I ask that when you submit your posts you press the button once and wait. It takes a good 5 to 10 seconds for the system to react. We are ending up with a number of repeated posts probably because people are pressing the button more than once thinking the system hasn't accepted their post. This means we mods have to decide which of the repeated posts to approve or refuse and we always worry we might be refusing someone's post in error. Thanks.

Hannants finally got some Beauforts in and I've ordered mine, along with a set of Kits World decals. But, of course, they are all out of the Eduard mask sets!
Hopefully, by the time I get to that stage, I'll be able to find a set.

Chris

Is there any need to quote the picture Chris?

Well, apparently, I'm not allowed to mention that I have acquired a Beaufort from another, well-know UK-based supplier. I have received this email:

Dear Chris,

Your recent post Reply to 1:72nd Scale Bristol Beaufort Mk.I in the Hornby Forum contained content which has been rejected by one of our moderators.

Because of this, your post cannot be made public.

Thank you,

Hornby Hobbies

Just so everyone knows, I have also received another email from " That " supplier, letting me know that the kit has been sent, and at a lesser price than Hornby's.

Chris

Looks good, T2B.

What did you use to form the edges of the camo mask? It looks something like Blu Tack to me, but when I used that on my Hurricane recently, it left a kind of greasy line everywhere it had been, which obviously meant that it had to be repainted.

Ed

Thanks Ed, and they are indeed 'tac sausages'. When I started to use the airbrush and found a sudden need for masking I was advised to use White Tac as it doesn't leave a greasey residue that is present with Blue Tac. So far it seems to behave as expected!