ARC App Device Compatibility

Andy P.

Hi all,

There's been a few questions on ARC device compatibility recently and so I wanted to start a thread to keep track of all the devices that have been tested with the app.

All the devices we have tested ourselves (and are sure work with the app) are in our official Device Compatibility list:

../../../media/wysiwyg/Scalextric/Forum/Scalextric-ARC-Device-List.jpg

Have you used a device not shown on the list above? Please let us know exactly which device you've used and whether it was compatible. This thread can then serve as a reference for everyone wondering whether their device will work with ARC.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why dont it work on all android with ois 4.4 or newer and bluetooth 4.0 or better ??

yep totally agree,

i find it frustrating you have such a great product here & dont seem to be helping us out .

it seems "it is what it is, so tuff". i've tried with numerous phones & tablets which have the correct bluetooth & android versions but don't work. so i'm going to have to put my arc one kit away until i get a phone upgrade.

when are you going to send out your update & will this include compatibility to a wider range of devices ?

Have you tried a moto E yet ?

I have tried and it did connect with the ARC but kept disconnecting after a few seconds.

I'd like to know if anyone else had the same problems and also why my galaxy s3 doesn't work?

Also what about the HTC m8 as the m7 works should the m8 work too.?

Hi guys,

The ARC App needs a certain type of device to function, which is true of almost every piece of software. We would love to be able to have the app work on every smart phone and device available but this just isn't technically possible.

If you have a device that meets the technical specifications above that doesn’t work with the app please let us know the exact device details. This will allow others to comment (whether it works for them or not) and we may even be able to test ourselves.

i just bought a cheap tablet, only for ARC use, it is a Trekstor, Surftab breeze 7.0 quad (model no. ST70408-2 / 8gb) it has android 4.4.2 and bluetooth 4.0 so i figured it was powerfull enough to run that oen app. but no, when tring to start the app the logo appers and then black screen for some sec. and then it returns to the tablet main screen.

i just bought a cheap tablet, only for ARC use, it is a Trekstor, Surftab breeze 7.0 quad (model no. ST70408-2 / 8gb) it has android 4.4.2 and bluetooth 4.0 so i figured it was powerfull enough to run that oen app. but no, when tring to start the app the logo appers and then black screen for some sec. and then it returns to the tablet main screen.

the thing is we are trying it with the technical specifications above" and it just isn't working with them, what else does it need on the phones or tablets that the ones we try haven't. there must be something that you could tell us.

On a positive note I can recommend the Tesco HUDL2.  It represents geat value for money and has a nice large, clear display.  As soon as it is turned on it links to the ARC ONE base and even prompts to turn Bluetooth on if it has been disabled.

It's not got the battery life of an Apple device but will generaly last a decent session of racing.  The power cable can be fitted with the tablet sitting in the Scalextric stand so there is no need to stop for  recharge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

There's been a few questions on ARC device compatibility recently and so I wanted to start a thread to keep track of all the devices that have been tested with the app.

Have you used a device not shown on the list above? Please let us know exactly which device you've used and whether it was compatible. This thread can then serve as a reference for everyone wondering whether their device will work with ARC.

tried it with a moto E. I downloaded & got it working but it kept losing sinc with the phone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The C1347 i.e. https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/scalextric-world-champions-set.html is a standard, analog 2 lane set.

You can replace the powerbase with the ARC ONE power base (as it is analog as well) and use the ARC App with the set. There is a way to use the standard controllers with the ARC ONE if you don't like them: https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/forum/arc-one-powerbase-review/?p=1

The car are DPR=Digital Plug Ready which means if you buy a digital plug you can use them on a digital track as well (with lane changes).  Digital is a completely different powerbase and controller system.

ARC Pro will not be out until next year some time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have bought an ARC One system and I have a connection problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3.

The smartphone detects the ARC system and normally starts the race.

After few seconds, the smartphone loses the connection.

I restart the race but the connection loses once again.

I didn’t find any solution in the web.

Please help me.

Best regards.

• 2 months later...

Just for info, Tesco has released an official update for the Hudl2 from android v4.4 to v5.1 - Lollipop .

Most of my applications worked ok after upgrade except ARC! I couldn't add drivers and it crashed after trying.

There may be a simpler way to correct it, but thankfully just uninstalling and reinstalling the ARC app solved it and it seems to work fine now - phew!

Btw, is this device list uptodate?

https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/sets/scalextric-arc-one/scalextric-arc-one-powerbase.html#product_image_3

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

I have one proposition to Scalextric IOs or Android Application.

It would be a good functionnality to have Chrom Cast connection.

The IPad or similar device will be able to cast its screen to a huge TV or monitor with HDMI input.

More simple (and not so much expansive : Chrome Cast = 39 Euros) than specific cable / wire.

Just to be clear I don't work for Chrome company ;) but it is a cheap and simple to use device.

• 1 month later...

I used an iRULU eXpro android 10" tablet and the app worked. There is a strange observation however. I must select a track from those listed in the app. If not the app stops running when I try to lock a calibration. Once a track is selected, any track, the app functions great. Also I noticed that my older scalextric cars with the blue guide blade did not triger the lap counting ability as it passed the pit box. Once changed to the black guide blade the lap counting worked great. I had originally tried to run the app on my ASUS phone but it kept crashing. Well those are my observations, it may help someone.

t. Also I noticed that my older scalextric cars with the blue guide blade did not triger the lap counting ability as it passed the pit box. Once changed to the black guide blade the lap counting worked great.

Yeah I noticed that too:

https://slotcarp.wordpress.com/#Packaging

The good thing is, for almost every type of every slot car out there there is a black guide blade out there...

The only cars I couldn't get to work were Artin/Cartornic 1:43 cars that are technically only 7.5 volts as well. The app went guano crazy. All other brands worked though...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Slotracers,

I have a "not so mainstream" phone: KAZAM Tornado 348 with Android 4.4.2By the way, a great value for the price, as long as you are not a power user.

As far as I was able to check today - IT WORKS

App only crashes when I try to add a picture of my special track, but maybe the picture is too big (directly captured from smartphone camera)

Kind regrads

Wolfgang

t. Also I noticed that my older scalextric cars with the blue guide blade did not triger the lap counting ability as it passed the pit box. Once changed to the black guide blade the lap counting worked great.

Yeah I noticed that too:

https://slotcarp.wordpress.com/#Packaging

The good thing is, for almost every type of every slot car out there there is a black guide blade out there...

The only cars I couldn't get to work were Artin/Cartornic 1:43 cars that are technically only 7.5 volts as well. The app went guano crazy. All other brands worked though...

Hello All,

I took a black perminant ink marker and shaded the blue guide blade with a good coat of black marker ink. Now it works great at trigering the lap counter. I do not know how long it will last since eventually the normal wear and tear of racing may rub off the coating on the blade. I guess I can always shade it again if and when that happens.