Size (establishing buildings scale?)

Measure a people entrance door height. An average entrance door is 6’6” high so in OO (4mm/ft) that would be 4 x 6.5 = 26mm. In N (2mm/ft) that would be 2 x 6.5 = 13mm. Ho (3.5mm/ft) is 3.5 x 6.5 = 22.75mm.

Some resin models can be well off scale and best placed as part of forced perspective.

I had a look at on line images of the Skaledale one vs the Lyddle End one hoping to see some outstanding difference like colour or fineness of detail, etc, but apart from size they seem to be identical. Bear in mind the N scale one will be 1/4 the volume of the 00 scale one so it would really stand out against a similar building if the wrong scale i.e 1/2 the size on any linear dimension.

Ok which one is it, I have a whole village of Skaledale buildings. There is one that is incredibly small for OO scale, I can't remember what it is. One of the water towers is amazingly big, it is possibly modelled on the one at Settle. The Thomas the Tank ones are pretty big as well.

Sadly I haven't got that one, I have the barn and that is about normal size. If you have an oo gauge tractor that might give you an idea. I have the tractor shed well I think that is what it is, it is a bit small but the tractor fits in it.

I just checked on my layout and all my farm buildings are pretty big only the tractor shed is small, even the farm house is at the larger end of the scale. One that is quite small is the early school. There is a shop that is pretty small, I always put it on its own so it doesn't look too obvious.

• 4 weeks later...