Lap counter for my Dad

Judy-1225641

Hi guys!

I would like to offer a scalextric lap counter and timer to my Dad for Christmas and the only thing I know is that he has a rather basic Scalextric... Could you please tell me to what information on the package I should pay attention before ordering on the Internet in order to get the right one?

Do you have any recommendations for lap counters? Or ideas which online shops deliver to Germany?

Would be very grateful for any help! Thanks a lot!

Those pesky missing little details.

1 What scale is it, so how long is a car ?

2 How old is the set, so will know how to answer question.

3 The power base, the part that the controllers and power pack is connected to

does it have any words on it ?

ARC ONE is the cheapest easiest way to get lap counting and a lot of other features on a modern Scalextric set or on an older set using adapter tracks.

In Germany there are lots of places like Bay-of E and Amazon but also smaller dealers.

You have to use the German word though "Carrerabahn" as the word "slot car" doesn't translate well...

Viele Grüße aus BW....

the arc one is no longer listed on this site

it requires compatible smart phone or tablet for lap counting

it may need pair of sport to classic converters, c8222

personally prefer previous generation battery lap counting

when she answers the questions we should know what scale and what track system her dad owns

as for question # 2 and 3

can be replaced with

does it have a round and square plastic end or 2 round ?

( see c8222 on this site )

Hello! These are the photos of the package I was able to get. So, I think it's two round ends :) But does this help to find out the model?

Do you think this one would be compatible?

https://www.slotfun.de/Stromversorgung-Zeitmessung/Rundenzaehler/-Zeitmessung/Carrera-analog/Carrera-Excl-Evo-GO-Elektronischer-Rundenzaehler::1420.html?MODsid=ke41g81gsg1bkohm763uojhcd3

Thank you a lot!

forum_image_618b72db35415.thumb.png.1e23270beffb1792c47377a628476937.png

forum_image_618b72def41ae.thumb.png.d4007fa1aa50a5a5dc729c86f61924fa.png

forum_image_618b72e3dc168.thumb.png.617e62e46223613f3260a6b8f8488888.png

Hi Judy,

That lap counter would work in theory (I have used it) but I found it very "fiddly" and not easy to use. It uses infra red light so shadows, lights turning on and off or parts of the car crossing two beams will cause it to count "phantom" laps.

The "manual" is also very hard to follow.

The set you have is a standard "classic" set and you could combine it with ARC ONE or ARC AIR using the C8222 adapter track.

The cars must have black guide blades (which you can simply paint with black nail polish) or ARC to work.

Bei weiteren Fragen stehe ich gerne zur Verfügung...

• 2 weeks later...