Hornby deliveries

geordi_q

Having received a 3 emails on the 7/12/21to say my preorders have been process and my account |charged paying Postage for each order then 6 days later to receive 2 emails from Hermes to say two where on the way.

However when trying to track the two the site says they do not recognise the link.

It is now over 9 days will I ever receive them before Christmas.

Will contact and complain to Customer services tomorrow

VERY BAD service this time

Is anyone having the same trouble

Gordon

Several folk have noticed that they lose tracking on Hermes and that the initial notification they get is simply Hornby telling Hermes to pick the parcel up. There can be a couple of days before it actually gets into the Hermes delivery system, then it goes AWOL for a while before reappearing on your (or someone else's) doorstep.

Basically nothing to do with Hornby, but all to do with Hermes.

The only thing you can do is moan at Hornby about their choice of courier then if enough folk moan maybe they will revert to say DPD who were more reliable.

Problem is 96RAF Hornby have "outsourced" all their warehousing, so choice of Courier is entirely decided by their chosen firm. Lets be honest if they chose Royal Mail or DPD the firm that is running the warehouse facility would not make any profit. The only way an "outsourced" firm can do it cheaper than your own people is either your warehousing was terrible (which I doubt it was) or the new firm employs people on a substantially lower wage. We know from recent events that really cheap labour does not exist since we exited the EU so they will be students or very temporary labour. We used to outsource cleaning in our office, over the years our office got dirtier and dirtier, just before I retired they were not even changing bin bags.

Once pressure gets on Hermes they are totally useless. I have contacted Hornby directly highlighting the problems with packaging on the Hush Hush and also putting Hermes into the equation. I understand the QC manager and warehouse manager have been informed of the ongoing problems we are, or have, experienced. We will have to wait and see.

Try this link to Hermes, https://www.hermes-europe.co.uk/tracker.html?trackingNumber==

Now be careful as you have to insert the tracking number between the == followed by "&postcode"then postcode **+** All joined with no spaces (**+** is your postcode)

Follow that and it will give you another access to Hermes Tracking.

I cannot give the link as usual as it contains my details

Ever given any thought to the current Covid situation ????????? No I didn`t think so.

They don't pack them though, but many are manhandled. I had £70 of preplanted flower baskets destroyed by them 2 summers back. The Hornby Hush Hush delivered had a crushed outer box but luckily the contents survived intact.

Yes, there can always be a bad apple in any barrel, but I have to say I have just received a parcel (not from Hornby) that was delivered by Hermes, about 20 minutes in to their declared 2-hour time slot, in perfectly good condition (both packing and contents), just 27 hours after receiving an email from the retailer to say it was on its way.

My only complaint would have been with the retailer themselves, who, without consulting me, had decided to put the whole order (placed online late on 4 December) on hold because one item was out of stock until after Christmas, until I intervened.

DBfan - I’d be interested to know how you justify what’s in these links. Or how their behaviour was directly the fault of the pandemic.

Are all these "cases" related to Hornby Deliveries? ALL delivery services including Royal Mail suffer from this, 99% of people are happy with services provided and accept any unfortunate "errors". We always get one moaner at this time of year.

TBH those videos are a very poor representation of the services we expect to be provided.

Obviously you cannot expect everything to be handled 'with kid gloves' but they were positively reprehensible!

Not always easy, but I try applying 'do unto others as you wish they would unto you' approach.

COVID, Christmas temporary cover, whatever, there's no excuse for that poor treatment.

That's how I dispose of items at the recycling centre, not how I transfer new / purchased items for delivery to a new owner.

Al.

Got to say I am more than a little concerned about Hornby shipping at the moment. Looking on the website I am unable to find anything about who they ship with. I understand they use Hermes, but do they use the Royal Mail also?

I live overseas and the thought of a poorly packaged APT crossing the Atlantic and arriving in pieces has got me seriously considering canceling the pre-order. If Royal Mail is an option I will rest easier and keep the order. On the other hand if they use Hermes to ship overseas too, I may cancel.

Unless Hornby are completely clueless, which I hope they are not, I suspect that they have sent a rocket to the logistics company. Damaged Hush Hush locos are severely damaging their business, a very expensive repair, lucky for them "Watchdog" is still not prime viewing. So hopefully things should improve. I wonder who made that decision, Montana, Simon or someone else?

I wonder who the logistics Co. is? I assume it is seperate from Hermes?

I would have happily paid the extra shipping and ordered from Hattons if Hornby had not ended that option. I have ordered several items from Hattons and Rails and TMC over years and never had a problem with the packaging or shipping.

Sam said it was CCL logistics, name rings a bell. If as a company you decide to dispense with your retail outlets, then you have to make sure you can fulfil the customer's needs. I bought loads from Hattons and Rails, I now deal with TMC, Bure Valley and Derails for most of my Hornby locos. if Hornby don't sort out their Shipping soon, I suspect we will be buying our locos at bargain prices from Hattons as people cancel their orders.

I was lucky my loco arrived unscathed, I bought it from Hornby as when I preordered it they were the only ones taking orders. I get upset when an EBay seller uses Hermes, I quite happily will pay extra for Royal Mail, so I was very disgusted when I found Hornby a supposedly reputable Seller using them.

On 1st December I ordered both W1s R3840 and R3841. On the 4th I ordered another R3841 as a present. Today R3840 has turned up rattling round inside a battered outer box though mercifully intact, no sign of R3841 from the first order. The first order is showing as partially dispatched, no reason given though the R3841 from the second order is showing as dispatched but no sign of it yet.

A packing slip in with R3840 that arrived today says 'MARC DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS' packing list whoever they are.

So 6 days to dispatch it and then 10 days on top of that to deliver.

Just received an email this morning advising Hornby have an express delivery service for final delivery before Christmas .... really?

It has been a fiasco, and I would have hoped that by now we would at least have been seeing comments like 'Hornby have responded to my complaint wrt delivery and advised would replace the body', etc.

Not a great showing here. Should have left the distribution with those who built their business doing just that.

Al.

It`s not only them,i received a text this morning purporting to come from the Post Office telling me that a missed delivery is going back to my local depot and to rearrange,to fill out my postcode.They forgot one little thing,the PO don`t deliver mail,that`s Royal Mail so be on the look out for these scams.

Ray.

An update from my first post when I asked Is anyone having the same trouble,

I contacted Customer Services and a very helpful lady investigated and sorted out my queries saying that two preorders where in one box and one preorder packed separately and I should have within a day of each other.

I also received a refund on the delivery charges for the combine box

The orders have now arrived packed well with no damage.

I also got the impression that they are aware of the problems some of us have been having.

Gordon