How quick does Hornby Delivers - or is this to quick & do they use UPS???

JJ73

Hiya

I made an order on the early hours of the 17/12/2021 - then when I got home later the same day from work & checked my email - apparently I got an email from UPS saying that I got a "Package Delivery Attempt Failed." The email address doesn't look good "fatima.pires@sapo.pt" - also there is a link & when I clicked on the link - it was blocked by my NortonLifeLock, cos it said it was Dangerous - then if I click 'Continue to the site' then it takes me to the UPS Web Site, then it ask me to 'Schedule new delivery' then it asks me to put in new name & address where I want it to be redelivered + seems to be a charge of $2.20??? Or should I just ring up UPS directly??? Thanks in advance 🤔🚂🚂🚂

Be careful. I have gotten similar texts and e-mails before here in the U.S. Here in America UPS and Fedex don't charge to reschedule a delivery. I delete similar messages and certainly would not give out credit card information.

Don't be fooled by the website either. They can make some pretty good look a likes.

Just reading what you wrote it seems to me like a scam.

At every line in your post JJ I was saying to my screen ‘JJ don’t click it’, but you did and the next one and the next one.

Once you have seen the unmasked address you know its a scam and it goes straight in the bin. The last bit of the address is the country code, which definitely isn’t UK.

Processed btw means Hornby is moving your order along stage by stage until it pops out of their door.

Processed btw means Hornby is moving your order along stage by stage until it pops out of their door.

Well that's the theory. I placed an order in late September. It arrived early October but is still marked as, 'Processing'. Another one placed in late October which arrived in early November - marked as, 'Part dispatched'.

Their system really is poor.

JJ,

As others have said it is almost certainly a classic scam. Sorry to say this but if your Security software blocks something and tells you it is dangerous why on earth did you continue?

If anything similar occurs why don't you post a thread and wait for advice before continuing, let's hope you have not suffered any future problems.

JJ, this is a SCAM. It is a well known and obvious one. As soon as you saw the odd 'from' mail address, you should have just deleted it and certainly NOT overrode the Norton Security to follow the link.

Now that you have followed the link, your email address will have been added to a "suckers list". These devious nasty people sell on "sucker lists" to other devious nasties as an extra income source. Being on a "sucker list" is very likely to increase the number of dodgy mails you get over time.

It is no different to scam phone calls where they start off with a comment like "we're ringing about your recent accident". Accidents and expected parcel deliveries are likely to be something that are recent events in a large number of people's lives, thus the chance of a scammer getting a hit is high.

PS - the UPS website you will have been directed to will be a scammers clone and look very convincing. It will not be the genuine article.

Guess what, yep got another email from "UPS" saying the following @ 16:19 :-

forum_image_61c3b3bc9c452.png.f8a5d59bfde138b19ccce5a01d2f7c24.pngFunny how I got that Email, 1- Straight after the official Email from Hornby @ 14:27 saying "Great news, your parcel has been delivered" & 2 - yes I got my Parcel now & 3 - I've just deleted that email!!!

1st bitten - twice shy as they say!!! 😉😄🚂🚂🚂

JJ,

Remember what I said about a "sucker list" expect to get a lot more of these emails as a result. But please do not report every one you get on the forum, you've made your point and it is time to move on.