Azuma finally here ?

maw78

Well most model shops arent showing them in stock so maybe they've only made it as far as hornby although one said it was due on the 10th ..... same day as the new releases catalogue so maybe they just got them mixed up.

I've just had an email today that it's in their warehouse, and is being prepared for despatch. And even better, my credit card has just been charged the pre-price rise price. I wish I had ordered it before the previous price rise!

I had cause to email Simon Kohler twice over this, and to his credit, he took time out to respond personally, and was frank and honest. It's can't be easy in his shoes, but I just wish the website and social media was a bit more transparent too. There have been lots of comments on FB about the Azuma delays, and they are obviously read by the social media, but never responded to.

Fair play to Mr Kohler that he personally replied on the matter. I think hornby would have saved themselves a lot of aggro if theyd just held their hands up and admitted a mistake was made regarding release dates rather then saying nothing and annoying their customers.

Well unless they have fixed it, with my Hush Hush, it was two weeks from it getting into their warehouse and getting it to me. So don't hold your breath.

I had a mail from Hattons today explaining that there will be a delay in my Gemini coaches, apologising, telling me the reasons and exactly when to expect them. That is the way you are supposed to do it.

I've got it on pre order from a model shop so just waiting for them to get their stock and work through the list. It did let me add one to the basket on hornby site but that's as far as I went cause next steps payment lol. Hopefully next week fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

Delighted to say my Azuma arrived this week and I’ve had a chance to get it on a test circuit (it’s not going to work out on my Mallaig layout!).

Its brilliant and will be the catalyst to start work on a new layout! Looks superb, runs beautifully and smooth out of the box. And the DCC provision is excellent.

I have one minor complaint - light bleed through the cab door, which is a shame, as the coach lights are a beautiful shade.

Hope the rest of you are just as happy with yours when they arrive.

forum_image_61e2ee73562e6.thumb.png.719c4ccffe315993270cb1b770d49c87.png

@MAW78

I've got it on pre order from a model shop so just waiting for them to get their stock and work through the list. It did let me add one to the basket on hornby site but that's as far as I went cause next steps payment lol. 

And the point of the above is what? Is the Model shop giving it to you free? I understand you have to provide payment details to Hornby but money is not "taken" until dispatch.

As I said I was buying it from a model shop and supporting them rather then paying Hornby the full RRP. Someone suggested trying to order one directly from Hornby to see what it did which is when it let me add it to the basket. As I've never bought directly from Hornby I didnt continue or enter any payment details. I wasnt aware money is only taken on dispatch.

As well as only taking the money when the order is being despatched, they also honour the price that was quoted when the pre-order was placed. So you are protected against price rises that happen if there is a long extended 'waiting for stock release' period.

EDIT: Info based upon content in previous forum posts, rather than personal knowledge.

I was only repeating what other's who do pre-orders have reported in their posts. I have never personally placed a pre-order with Hornby. I note that this aspect of pre-orders is not specifically documented in the 'Terms & Conditions', therefore it would be prudent to assume that any current Hornby policy that might be in place is susceptable to being changed at short notice.