Elite update and Self test mod

KenTheFox

Hi all

I have purchased a 2007 elite which has v1.0 installed and want to update it to v1.45. I have in the past updated many of these with out any problems..

The problem I have, is the unit will not enter Update mode, neither will it enter the self test mode. I hold down the stop button and add power but it just goes into normal operating mode, same with Loco button for self test.

Anyone come across this before?

Thanks Ken.

This is more Rob's area of expertise than mine.

But given that Ken has stated that the Elite is secondhand and that he has previous experience of entering update mode. I would anticipate the issue is with the Elite hardware, rather than Ken's technique & update methodology. Rog's suggestion about "Stop" button contacts failing is as good as any.

I agree with the button contacts theory. Exercise them for a few minutes each to abrade any corrosion present.

Powering up with the Stop button held should give you a blank screen as it enters update mode and powering up with the Loco button held should bring up the Hornby name and when released it should go through the self test and report pass or fail.

I have had one report Error on booting, but I have never had one stick in normal boot mode.

I shall ask Hornby Tech about it.